Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It drains the hell out of my battery, but I'm never too far in distance ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wander7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: FYI About Color Pearl

Advertisement

It drains the hell out of my battery, but I'm never too far in distance or time from a charger.. so the advantages of a pretty, colored ball outweigh the low battery.

And to be more specific:

Before ColorPearl: phone would last 1.5 to 2 days before I needed to hook it up.
    Now with ColorPearl: after a full day the phone is near 20-30%.
    Last edited by wander7; 07-07-2007 at 11:43 AM.

CrackBerry08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ec9936

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok, here's why ColorPearl turns white after a while:

If in your phone settings you have your pearl set to flash colors when you receive a call, ColorPearl will disable and will not reenable until you go into the ColorPearl settings and reapply your color.

On another note, my battery life has been pretty much the same with or without ColorPear. A charge lasts about 1.5 days. I overuse my Pearl

Regards,
    Jordan

Encrypt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC6F6

I just disabled my Colorpearl with a fresh charge in it and I will see how long my battery lasts. It has no been an issue for me, but hearing many people mention battery drain I figured I'd give it a test.

EDIT: After a day of use and an extra long phone call to t-mobile, my battery is only at 70%. A HUGE difference from when I used colorpearl. Looks like you were all right, not sure if its a big enough bonus to sacrifice my battery.
    Last edited by Encrypt; 07-08-2007 at 12:12 AM.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Hm... Now I'm curious. My pearl looks pretty nasty without ColorPearl enabled since it's turned a bit yellow, but if it saves battery, that's good. Ever since I put JiveTalk on my Pearl, the battery life has become more of an issue.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

a4 moda no está en línea Stack level 2

Update
    I've had color pearl turned off for about a full weeknow.

With pearl on my batt lasted 1.5 days max!

Color pearl off the past week I had the phone going for 4 days and by 5 pm the 5th day I had 20 % batt left. I will def leave color pearl off as I need the batt life more than anything.

That's my 2 cents. Hope this helps others out there.

Best,
    Allen

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by a4 moda

Update
    I've had color pearl turned off for about a full weeknow.

With pearl on my batt lasted 1.5 days max!

Color pearl off the past week I had the phone going for 4 days and by 5 pm the 5th day I had 20 % batt left. I will def leave color pearl off as I need the batt life more than anything.

That's my 2 cents. Hope this helps others out there.

Best,
    Allen
    I'm really fortunate, where I live, there are electric outlits in the homes, in the office buildings, all OVER the place! Hey, I can even charge my BB from my car! I couldn't possibly go 12 hours, let alone a day and a half, without easy access to a plug!

LOVE the cool factor of ColorPearl on my Pearl, I'm not givin it up!

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

You are very fortunate. What is an outlit anyway?? (Note to self must get some of these outlit things).

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Alright, I"ve been thinking about this ColorPearl battery test somemore, and I don't think it's entirely accurate.

Here's why...

As I understand it, there are several, different colored LED's behind the pearl, which is what allows the program to create multiple colors. So, let's say, perhaps there's a white LED, a blue LED, a red LED...

Now, again, if I understand correctly, for the software to create, say, pink, it needs to turn on the white LED and the red LED. To create a purple pearl, it would need to turn on the red LED and the Blue LED, etc.

To make the pearl turn red it would ONLY need to turn on the Red LED. To make it blue, again, only the Blue LED would need to be on.

My point is, each color would therefore drain the battery different then other colors, depending on which LED's, and how many, are needed to be turned on!

What I think is needed is someone needs to do a one week battery test on each color that ColorPearl can create, White, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Yellow, etc.

Volunteers???

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Don't forget the Autodim feature which automatically adds the white LED in the background when the sensor is enabled due to low background lighting. So many variables like I said before, depending on individual usage patterns and environmental (whether a dark area most of the time versus a well lit area) usage patterns the battery life can definitely vary from user to user. Seems like an interestinig proposal. To the taker, see you back in few months when the tests have concluded.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

it doesnt drain my battery fast i like the program

ralderman no está en línea Stack level 1

I cant get color pearl to load or even open on my computer or bb? any suggestions

xtasyx no está en línea Stack level 1

Where do you find the settings to flash the colours?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CrackBerry08

Ok, here's why ColorPearl turns white after a while:

If in your phone settings you have your pearl set to flash colors when you receive a call, ColorPearl will disable and will not reenable until you go into the ColorPearl settings and reapply your color.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

shel that was hilarious...as i was scrolling through this post i was thinking the exact same thing...are people tooo lazy to plug their pearl in for 10 minutes? I was task intensive one morning and drained by pearl all the way down to under 30% in under 2 hours (e-mails, texting, and bluetooth) all with color pearl running. I connected my phone to my PC that i was using and in under 20 minutes my pearl was fully charged again and ready to go.

Do a lot of you also spend that much time away from an outlet or charger that you need your pearl to last 4-5 days without charge?

iminfamous no está en línea Stack level 1

how do you get it?

PearlPrincess no está en línea Stack level 1

I need help loading it on my computer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast