I know I'm supposed to search the archives but I've had it with this thing. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cellmate no está en línea Stack level 1

Frustrated newbie - how to add contacts

Advertisement

I know I'm supposed to search the archives but I've had it with this thing. I've been on the computer for hours trying to figure out how to add contacts to my new pearl using my computer. I don't want to syc with outlook contacts because I only want to add certain ones, not all of them. Adding each one using only the blackberry is just too slow. Is there an easier way?

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610

Re: Frustrated newbie - how to add contacts

I believe when you SYNC with the outlook on your PC the Desktop manager will open and say "Do you want to make these additions to your Blackberry" you can then goto the details button and should be able to select just the contacts you want. If that doesnt work you could always add em all and then delete the ones you want. ITs alot easier to delete than to add =)

Sorry couldnt be more help

BusyME no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C7A695

Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post
    I believe when you SYNC with the outlook on your PC the Desktop manager will open and say "Do you want to make these additions to your Blackberry" you can then goto the details button and should be able to select just the contacts you want. If that doesnt work you could always add em all and then delete the ones you want. ITs alot easier to delete than to add =)

That's actually very good advice! =) Wish I'd known that when I first got my pearl...

cellmate no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post

Thanks for the suggestion but when you go to details, there is no way to select or delete any entries.

BusyME no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C7A695

Quote Originally Posted by cellmate View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion but when you go to details, there is no way to select or delete any entries.
    His suggestion to sync them all THEN delete the ones you don't want is still the easiest way to get them on there.

Unfortunately.

tech15 no está en línea Stack level 1

You could try creating a folder in outlook to contain the contacts you don't want synced. I haven't tried this yet, but I believe desktop manager only syncs the main contacts folder.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~