Any idea why when I try yo delete all my messages my BB freezes up? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jillzie no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Freezes while deleteing

Advertisement

Any idea why when I try yo delete all my messages my BB freezes up? I am clicking on todays date and selecting delete all prior...but it freezes EVERY time. I have to power it off and then when I go back into my messages nothing happens then I finally (after like a minute) get an error that says: uncaught exceptiom application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(138) is not responding; process terminated

Any suggestions?
    I NO LONGER HAVE A BLACKBERRY SO PLEASE DONT PM ME FOR MY PIN

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Freezes while deleteing

You must have a lot of messages on your BB. This is not common but not un-common if you do have a lot of messages on some models and try to do what you are doing. Try deleting from a much earlier date in increments. Once you purge the bulk your messages, your BB should start performing as it should.

In general, you should never use your BB as a mail archival device. It really isn't meant to be used in that manner, plus you can misplace it and all of you content is basically on your phone. The BB is great to archive documents, music, videos, and other misc on removable media cards. But you really can't re-direct core functions such as mail.

Jillzie no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Freezes while deleteing

Well there weren't that many messages like almost a months worth...It wasnt talking up a lot space or anything. I did what you said and deleted it in like 4 incements and it's all clear now. Oh well. Thanks
    I NO LONGER HAVE A BLACKBERRY SO PLEASE DONT PM ME FOR MY PIN