Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi I'm a newb to the blackberry world, and I have a Pearl of course. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

SprigganX no está en línea Stack level 1

Free Web?

Advertisement

Hi I'm a newb to the blackberry world, and I have a Pearl of course. Anyways I was wondering if there is anyway to get the web browser free instead of paying $20 to t-mobile just to browse the internet? Thanks for the replies!!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Free Web?

No.. you have to pay sorry.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Even had the browser you wouldnt be able to use it... there is no way to browse the web unless you get a BB data plan.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Oh and there's more to it than just browsing the internet. Instant Messaging..(bb messenger, Yak-on etc..) very useful tools such as GoogleMap, Berry411 and more.

ahh crap, that's $20 . just to use aim, yahoo, and msn? that's a ripoff.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Well, why not get the $59 bb plan from Tmobile it comes with 1000 min, unlimited data and text. You do have tmobile right?

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

thats really cheap compared to all the other service providers and i pay 30 bucks a month

thisisit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D2F592

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    T mobile has the best plan at 19.95 in the business period unlimited data who were you using.

It's cause I share with my brother, but I dont know it wouldnt be such a bad idea, I'd have to do the math just to figure it out.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by SprigganX
    ahh crap, that's $20 . just to use aim, yahoo, and msn? that's a ripoff.
    Cheapest data plan out there and it's unlimited use.

No ripoff about that, except to people who expect and want everything for free. That's unreasonable IMHO.

Well on my samsung phone I didnt have to pay $20 for aim or yahoo. The thing I'm wondering is, does the Blackberry $59 plan have free long distance and free roaming? Cause I do talk out of the state a lot.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

The Blackberry is no regular samsung phone though much more can be done via BB and as for long distance I think most major carriers long distance(U.S. only) is just part of the plan so no xtra charge for Long distance.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by SprigganX
    Well on my samsung phone I didnt have to pay $20 for aim or yahoo. The thing I'm wondering is, does the Blackberry $59 plan have free long distance and free roaming? Cause I do talk out of the state a lot.
    Well, your statement begs the question: Why are you even considering the Blackberry and/or the 8100? Sounds like your current phone, the Samsung, fits your needs.

In any event, go to T-Mobile on the Web and find out about plans. They are always running special promotions.

Be careful of their plans though. They have the "whenever" plans that sound like lots of minutes, but on those plans it does NOT include nights and weekends, so one can use up the minutes real fast.

They may have done away with that "Whenever" plan because they had those competitor ads that called them "When?" "Never" to deride that the plans did not include nights and weekends.

Now, look out for the plans called "Get More." Those do NOT include nights and weekends.

You have to get the "Get More Plus" for nights and weekends.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Plans/d...ackBerry%c2%ae
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-04-2006 at 04:53 AM.

Reason I was considering it is because my samsung phone is annoying me with all the garbage it's giving me, so I needed a new phone and decided to get the Pearl but just today I figured out that you need to pay $20 to use aim or yahoo or msn. Now I really need it, so I might just get the $59 plan and save money since I just did the math.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

You can get the myfaves plan with the BB minutes and mail now as well. It would be 69.99 and you would be able to add 5 numbers that you could send and receive calls from. If you're going with a family plan versus an individual plan then each person on the plan needs a myfaves enable handset. The Pearl is a myfaves enabled handset.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast