Ok, so i decided to download a bank of america app to my pearl 8100 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3

Free up memory-deleting/uninstalling

Advertisement

Ok, so i decided to download a bank of america app to my pearl 8100 from the blackberry app world...it warned me that i only had 5mb of memory out of the 64mb available and if i wanted to proceed with the download. i hit yes and when i tried the app it slowed down all phone navigation including freezing the phone...anyhow i decided to delete the app but in doing so i can no longer access the blackberry world app, i only have the icon which does nothing...i can navigate through my phone just fine again but now i'm wondering how i can free up some memory to download more apps 64mb doesn't seem like a lot. i have a 2gig sd card with 1.6gb of free space so i don't get the slowdown...so my question is how do i check and free unwanted space or better yet figure out what is using up my 64mb? so i can determine if i need whatever it is or not.

the other problem is what does it mean when i delete an app and the icon is still there?...is deleting not the same as uninstalling? do i have to use the destop manager to actually uninstall the app. i have to point out that i have tried that with an app called handango, it doesn't show up on the destktop manager nor on my app list on the phone but it's still in my phone and it actually launches if i click on it...i don't want the stupid thing. it's just another store app that i don't need if i'm using the blackberry one. it doesn't seem to want to get deleted....anyone with any ideas?

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    Handango came with from rim so cannot be removed. Just hide it. When you go to options advanced do you see the app there? If there delete then reboot phone. When app deleted but icon still there just hide icon. Removing battery normally frees up some memory should be done about once a week.

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    no the handango app is not in in advanced options so it shouldn't even be able to run which it does. I don't understand why it can't be removed when i've downloaded other apps from rim before and have been able to remove them. i don't use handango so obviously it's eating up some memory...i want to know where do i go to see what app is using up part of my 64MB of memory...another problem that came from having the low memory is not being able to run opera mini. it says it's connecting but it never does, and it was working just fine prior to me trying to install a recent app...so now that and the blackberry app world do not work...my next option is to go in through download manager and delete them and reinstall them to see if that will fix it...unless someone can give me better ideas.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The Handango app can be deleted by going into Options>Advanced Options> Service Books and looking for "Virtual Preload Handango." The problem is that this is a service book, not an application, so when you reboot the device by removing the battery, it will be reloaded.