Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much free space does your device carry? I keep a few apps installed (JiveTalk, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Free space on T-Mobile 8120

Advertisement

How much free space does your device carry? I keep a few apps installed (JiveTalk, Facebook, and Opera) and only have ~15mb free. On the pearl it was quite easy to have 40mb free at any given time. Is that not possible on the 8120?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by mistergreg View Post
    How much free space does your device carry? I keep a few apps installed (JiveTalk, Facebook, and Opera) and only have ~15mb free. On the pearl it was quite easy to have 40mb free at any given time. Is that not possible on the 8120?
    Possible but more difficult. The 8120 WIFI/UMA software takes up a bit more space then the 8100 OS did. Off the top of my head i believe on the 8100 you get 64 MB of flash memory prior to loading the software after software load you get around 26 MB, on the 8120 after they load the wifi antennae and software you get 52 MB then they load the os and you get around 20MB. Not sure on the exact numbers but you get the idea.

Thanks for the info!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    How do you know what MB's you have? Mine reads: 4983931 Bytes out of 54132736 Bytes

WHAT? There is no way you have almost 50 megs free on the phone... 1024 bytes = 1 kilobyte, 1024 kilobytes = 1 megabyte. It's much easier to just assume that 1 million bytes is a megabyte if its just quickly in passing.

I went to options/status and it now reads File Free: 5025722 Bytes and File total: 54132736 Bytes.. Thats what it says, I assume that is good from your reaction? I have lots of apps and themes loaded on it as well. I constantly clear my cache and emails and call logs and I also clear my event log all the time. It always stays around that range, so no memory leaks for me.

Scratch that. I missed a digit. My reaction was because it's impossible to have that much free space. You have only 5 megabytes free lol I don't let my phone go below 11.

Whoa, I guess I should get rid of some things that I don't use. Bummer, wish we had more space to work with. I guess the Bold will have more?
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 05-14-2008 at 05:19 AM.

Oh yeah. I wouldn't let your phone get too much lower than that. I've already lost my SMS and call logs once in this phone from putting too much stuff on here.

Well I do not use any of the messenger services, how can I delete like yahoo messenger and facebook and stuff like that?

Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications

From there you can highlight the apps, press the menu key and choose delete.

Otherwise you can run apploader and just uncheck the programs you don't want on the phone.

I ran the apploader and there weren't any of those boxes to uncheck, so I wanted to make sure it was ok to just delete from applications. Does that mean they are gone for good and I would have to dl the OS again if I ever wanted them back?

They would be gone from your phone for good, but if you ever ran apploader again, went to advanced, and erased the entire OS and reinstalled they'd be there.

In AppLoader, click next, then you'll see the connection method and the PIN, click next, it will then read your current configuration, and take you to the next screen. This is the one with all the checkmarks and what not:

After that just let it run its course.

Yep, that's the one I mean. Does yours have Facebook and Google Talk, etc. boxes showing, mine doesn't.

It does, but I unchecked all the IM programs since I use JiveTalk, but I do use Facebook. I keep 4 apps on mine (JiveTalk, Facebook, Opera Mini, and Pinstack Launcher) Just make sure you delete all unneeded languages and what not, when you do a battery pull you should notice you have more memory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast