Im not sure if this is true or not because i have unlimited messaging. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fieryknight no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2425F228

Question Free Sms???

Advertisement

Im not sure if this is true or not because i have unlimited messaging. I read on a website (forgot address) that if you go to Options>SMS TEXT and switch the network to send over to GSM, you can send and recieve texts for free. It said that you must have a good data service plan in order to do this. Could someone who doesnt haev unlimited text check this out and see..

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If this was true, which it isn't, nobody would pay for a text plan.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~as the old saying goes...there's no such thing as a free lunch.now I have heard of websites that allow you to send through their servers or software that does the same thing...but whether its free or secure is up in the air

danskim no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah, definitely not true..

GeeMrScience no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by fieryknight View Post
    Im not sure if this is true or not because i have unlimited messaging. I read on a website (forgot address) that if you go to Options>SMS TEXT and switch the network to send over to GSM, you can send and recieve texts for free. It said that you must have a good data service plan in order to do this. Could someone who doesnt haev unlimited text check this out and see..
    You won't need fertilizer for the garden this year with that... Ya sorry, no such thing as a free lunch. I know T-Mobile will only allow sms to go out over GSM, if you change it to GPRS then the text messages won't even send...
    King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ GSM is what uses ur minutes. GPRS would be the only way to send free text messages. Just find a site like teknidude.com/wap, which is for nextel/boost mobile phones that not only allows free wap access, but also they have "text pager" feature, among others, that allows u to send free text. I signed up for zaksenterprises.com and use that as my plan b wap access if my current method was to fail, as I have about 24 service books when I should only have maybe 5 since I have prepaid service. But that's all I'm sayin on that cuz tmo prepaid doesn't have wap unless u have a sidekick. Ant questions, PIN me or something.