Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Originally Posted by zacharyuniza ps. once u get the internet to work, u can download ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyuniza View Post
    ps. once u get the internet to work, u can download alot of stuff from the blackberry website and from almost anywhere else. it will work the same as having the internet plan. my recommendaion is to download google maps once you get the internet to work. once downloaded, you can only use google maps when t-zones is running.. you can go on to any website possible..

doesn't work.
    -------
    Last edited by Optimus; 03-14-2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: it merged my posts for some reason.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    yes... i dont have that feature but from my understanding of the wireless topic it will connect to any wireless network as long as it does not require VPN. it should have the capabilities to do WEP and WPA secure networks as well.

there is an additional setting in the browser to speed up the browser when you are on the wireless network or it will be as slow as EDGE speed.

hope that helps and welcome to the stacks

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by buchinabi View Post
    On my laptop I can view networks and connect to some and get free internet, doesn't the Blackberrys with wi-fi work the same way??? I apologize if this seems like a stupid question, but I really don't understand!
    yes it does, it should even say it in your instruction booklet...if it doesn't than it might need to be configured somehow.

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by zacharyuniza View Post
    actully there is a way.. it only works for the pearl.. if u have t-zones, quickly hit the trackball to open t-zones and right away before anything loads up, hit menu and click "go to". quickly type in a adress and click go. this works with all pearls. you might have to try it couple times to work.. if it doesent work, exit t-zones and try again. it will work eventually, it just takes time..firts time trying it might take along time. when u get it to work, it will be easier and easier to do it.. *note* once u get the internet to work, if you exit t-zones you have to do the same procedure again..

Works great for me, thanks!!

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnni View Post
    Well for Tmobile, you can just have Tzones plan for $5.99 and able to SURF anything on the web. I did and it worked. But I dont recommend using it for downloading OTA. I dont ever download OTA stuff. I just browse so the 5.99 internet is good for me. But, if you downgrade to the older OS you will lose the Tzones icon and ability.

Tmobile rep said that Tmobile Web does not work for BB users

frenchychiffon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask!
    free internet on my blackberry pearl
    zomgggggg I WISH :cry:

hookupmycell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2404427e
    heres for the all the naysayers picking on this guy.
    Ok I tried and tested this on two pearls so far and wanted to spread the wealth and hopefully it might work for others!

I tried this on one flexpay T-mobile pearl and one contract T-mobile pearl.

so this is what I did i upgraded the pearl to the new OS 4.5 and when your done the blackberry maps is gone from the device apparently not included with the new OS.

so I wanted blackberry maps to be reinstalled and i tried via the bberry site but it would not recognize the device so after searching the web i found it. the service books needed to be sent back to the device.

ok so heres where the fun part comes in i called into customer care and they kept saying it was because i wasnt subscribed to a data plan (they will keep telling you this ignore it)

so i said can you send the service books anyways for the maps? and so they kept saying you dont have a data plan and i kept saying well just send the service books anyways and i just want to get the maps back on my phone.

so now they will say maps needs the internet and they might have to send the internet service books too they will probably reiterate you dont have a data plan again ignore this and tell them your friend had the same problem and a previous rep did it and it resolved the matter.

so after talking with them for maybe ten minutes they should send all the service books and once your maps are up and working Wa! La! your internet will be on and free!!!

again if this works for pre paid which they will never give you anything for free without you paying first i have to assume this is a lil glitch in the sytem so

everybody try it and post your results.

also dont give up and dont give in..

pm. me if all goes well to say thanks

Just2good4u3434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hookupmycell: If you get on the internet using that method T mobile will charge you $0.01 for every kb you use, so watch out!

BLISS1990 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have full internet on my phone and dont pay for it. i dont know how but i do. i think it has something to do with my sim card. because i can surf the internet on any phone. and i have never been charged for dling anything. and i dont call tmo and ask them how or why i have the ability to surf and not pay.

typeoholic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eb5198
    The naysayers are just mad that they are forking out $20/ month for 115k/s internet. We are the few & the proud. We get our internet for free. Next?

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    Somehow I'm getting free internet (knock on wood) I had called Tmo one day because my phone wasnt sending or recieving pic messages anymore and he updated my phone, then I realized an extra internet icon so I asked him what was it for and he said "after we update we'll delete that" well the update process took a while and he forgot about it, so did I for a couple days and when I clicked on it it took me to Tzones and from there I can go to almost ANY site. Unless its standard on BB phones, I dont have a BB plan because my sister-in-law has a nokia and my fiance has a sidekick lx.

ChibiPanda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F3A96F
    Honestly tho.. That method that hookupmycell suggested, it seems like data transfers will still occur and you'd still be charged for that. I don't see how you're getting around the fact that you still would be using data..
    I'm lonely. Drop me a PIN anytime!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345