Hello all: I am sure this is an easy one, I just can not find ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bgrainger no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Forwarding Attachments

Advertisement

Hello all:

I am sure this is an easy one, I just can not find an answer after searching the stacks.

I have a pearl, no BES, unlimited data plan. Cingular and the OS is .69.

My problem is that I will get an e-mail with an attachment. I want to FORWARD that attachment to someone else. How do I do it? When I just hit "forward" it quotes the text of the e-mail for me but does not attach the file. I have a 512MB SD so I have plenty of memory if I need to actually save the attachment somewhere first. I have plenty of system memory available too.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give. I learn more and more each day about this tool from you guys and gals!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Forwarding Attachments

what kind of attachment is it? the file? and does it seem to matter which email addy you get it in as to whether you can forward it?

In this case the attachments were PDF's. I have only tried this with one e-mail addy, my work e-mail. My other e-mail is my personal, but I have not tried to forward an attachment. Thanks for any help.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok...testing now.
    so far, work email - to me@cherrichiodo.com and back to cherri@hotmail.com worked.
    and...work email - to me@cherrichiodo.com and back to work email worked.
    ::edit:: using a PDF file

with your work email, i am assuming that you are using the OWA thru MS exchange server?

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hi all i had this problem last week with a doc attachment and the only way i got round it was opening the file then copy and paste in a new email , i still have not found another way .

As near as I can tell the only thing that I can get to work is to open the attachment on the pearl and then forward the E-mail. Seems to make sense that until I open the attachment it is not ON the pearl so how can it get forwarded?

mosaeus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask 4 it

I have the same problem with forwarding/replying from work emails as well. Unless I'm replying or forwarding to an internal email address, the messages are undelivered. As far as I can tell it is probably some kind of security measure (I'm on BIS, receiving work emails through webmail address). Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo address all forwarding w/o problem.