can anyone help me? my bb is driving me crazy. my latest problem is that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

forever searching!

Advertisement

can anyone help me?

my bb is driving me crazy. my latest problem is that it keeps "searching"... and never finding. i've restarted it. took the battery out. took the sim card out. when i put everything back, it gets full bars for 3 seconds, then flips back to "searching". HELP!

i have not downloaded the latest operating system, since i use an ibook (and not the fancy kind that runs windows, i wish tmo would help us mac users out!). i do use pocketmac, but far as i can tell that doesn't help me with this.

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

mm

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: forever searching!

if you are talking about a signal. what area are you in? maybe somebody there is a small outage in your area?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

mm

i did a coverage check, and i should get at least 3 bars-- i'm in los angeles, in west hollywood. is there any way to check if there is an outage online? this is my only phone, so i can't call tmo...

PIN/ID
    ask me

good question, never thought of that.
    tmo website have any info?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Get 7+ miles away from your current location and see if you have the problem. If you do it is not the network more than likely. Check sim in another phoen and see if you have the same issue. If you do and it happens all over the place sim is bad. OR if you are impatient just call Tmo and have them check if there is a tower or network issue going on. P.S. It is RIM that does not support customers using MAC. Tmo can only give a best effort considering they do not get training in how to make computers do what you want them to.

mm

kayos, i emailed tmo customer support since this is my only phone hopefully they'll have a solution.

eddie, unfortunately i'm stationary until 2pm but if the problem isn't solved by then i'll see if a different area helps. can't call tmo because of the above reason-- didn't know RIM keeps tmo from making it possible for mac users to download software upgrades from tmo's site. in that case, boo rim.

PIN/ID
    ask me

just called the local tmo friend, no outages in your area sorry, try changing your network selection to automatic and see if you get a better signal?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by mm
    kayos, i emailed tmo customer support since this is my only phone hopefully they'll have a solution.

eddie, unfortunately i'm stationary until 2pm but if the problem isn't solved by then i'll see if a different area helps. can't call tmo because of the above reason-- didn't know RIM keeps tmo from making it possible for mac users to download software upgrades from tmo's site. in that case, boo rim.
    hopefully one day soon RIM will face the fact that they are going to have a whole lot of unhappy Mac using Blackberry addicts and create a way to us DM on a mac. Because lets face it Pocketmac stinks in comparison.

mm

kayos, thank you for calling! no dice on automatic or manual, so i guess it's my phone. looks like i've gto a date with a tmobile store.

eddie-- so true!

PIN/ID
    ask me

no prob, let us know the outcome!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

faulty sim maybe?

mm

who knows... i left the sim & battery out for awhile and my phone got a signal again. so, thinking more is better, i took them out again hoping for an even better signal, and now i'm back to "searching".

i think i need to "search" for a tmo store...