A few weeks ago, I upgraded my T-Mobile BlackBerry 8100 Pearl to OS 4.2.1.101. It ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

winzlo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

Question Forced delivery status response in OS 4.2.1.101

Advertisement

A few weeks ago, I upgraded my T-Mobile BlackBerry 8100 Pearl to OS 4.2.1.101. It has been a very stable OS, but I am wondering if I have found a bug, or if the bug is on T-Mobile's side (hence my choosing this forum.)

When I recieve an e-mail message from a person that requires a read receipt, my blackberry will attempt to send a delivery status message to the user, and instead, the MAILER-DAEMON will return a response indicating that the e-mail address does not conform to standards.

The later part of this is a moot point, I am trying to NOT send delivery status messages. The options in my Messages -> Options -> Email Settings look like this:

Message Services:
    <selected each of my 3 e-mail addresses and set the settings to the same values>
    Confirm Delivery: no
    Confirm Read: no
    Send Read Receipts: no

I have done a power-off and restart of the 8100, and also tried removing the battery, just in case something only got reset "the hard way". Still, the problem remains. Any ideas? Anyone encountered this with the current (older) T-Mobile-provided OS (4.2.0.64)?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Forced delivery status response in OS 4.2.1.101

try deleting all of your service books and resend them to your phone. ive never heard of anything like this

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

I have my settings the same as you and I'm having a problem where, whenever I send an email, I get the duplicate email sent back to me. This is regardless of whether I use my BB address, my Yahoo or my Gmail. I've just resent my service books to see if that will help. This just started after I switched devices. Hopefully the service books will help you too!

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120
    I have my settings the same as you and I'm having a problem where, whenever I send an email, I get the duplicate email sent back to me. This is regardless of whether I use my BB address, my Yahoo or my Gmail. I've just resent my service books to see if that will help. This just started after I switched devices. Hopefully the service books will help you too!
    ktorres, you need to login to your carriers BIS account (where you set up emails/send serice books) and you need to create a filter for both your yahoo and gmail. when you set up a filter for your yahoo, type in your yahoo address. and for gmail same things, put your gmail address. let me know if you need further explaination

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120
    Make sure you don't have your own e-mail address in a "Auto-BCC" field as well, or you will get duplicates that way too.

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

Althogh I've removed and re-added my service books many times before, I did so again, with no change.

It appears that from Outlook (MS Exchange Server connected), if I request a delivery receipt, they get honored regardless of my preferences (which seems to indicate it is being responded to at the BES-level.

I see no option on the T-Mobile site, nor in the settings I indicated to disable this functionality, so it appears that the only course of action to take is to have the original author stop requesting those receipts from me specifically (if that's even an option for her company's e-mail setup.)

Thanks for the rapid response! Looks like this one is beyond user-level.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85
    ktorres, you need to login to your carriers BIS account (where you set up emails/send serice books) and you need to create a filter for both your yahoo and gmail. when you set up a filter for your yahoo, type in your yahoo address. and for gmail same things, put your gmail address. let me know if you need further explaination
    Ok cool, setting up the filter worked. Funny, I've had these 3 accounts since the PEarl first came out and never had to do that. But it worked! Thanks for your help and for all the other suggestions. Peace!
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

PIN/ID

no problem

winzlo have you tried deleting and resending those service books yet?
    Last edited by glehman85; 08-07-2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged.

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

Yes, per my previous post. No change. Let me confirm that I am understanding the options and their use properly, so I know that I'm not barking up the "It's supposed to do that!" tree.

Confirm Delivery: I want a confirmation message sent back to me when a message I sent someone gets delivered

Confirm Read: I want a confirmation message sent back to me when a message I sent someone is read

Send Read Receipts: If someone requests a read receipt, send a response indicating that the message was read

That being the case, it sounds to me like disabling delivery confirmations is a feature that is not [fully] implemented in the 4.2.1.101 OS, nor is configurable through my service provider's BIS pages.

Any other ideas, or am I "stuck"?

cheersb52 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello everyone,

Greatly appreciate if you can advise how to override auto sending the Read Confirmation. While I think one should send it, but also need to have the prompt option, just in case we cannot attend to the matter on the spot, as Navyln stated.

Thanks a million...Cheers