I have an 8100 that keeps acting up and freezes when booting. I can use ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

viguera no está en línea Stack level 2

Force re-build?

Advertisement

I have an 8100 that keeps acting up and freezes when booting. I can use the apploader to remove apps and sort-of coerce it back to life... but I think apploader doesn't completely reload the OS files if it sees that it's the same version that's installed in the device.

Is there a way to completely force apploader to reload ALL of the OS files in the device and reload 4.2.0.xx even if it's already installed? It looks like the app sees that version is already on the device and just takes care of removing/reloading other components, but not the core OS files themselves.

Or am I looking at it wrong? Does apploader completely reload the OS even if it's installed?

Thanks

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

Re: Force re-build?

Use javaloader or JL_command i think is the name of the app just search the forum for javaloader and that will completly wipe your BB I mean you will have an error 507 wich means you have no OS on your BB then reinstall wich ever OS you want from there using the desktop manager
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

viguera no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mythmbhurts
    Use javaloader or JL_command i think is the name of the app just search the forum for javaloader and that will completly wipe your BB I mean you will have an error 507 wich means you have no OS on your BB then reinstall wich ever OS you want from there using the desktop manager
    Are you sure? I used javaloader -u wipe -f before, and it just wiped the device, didn't force the re-installation or give me a JVM error.

I'll try to remove net_rim_os with the javaloader and see if that helps...

pakxelaos no está en línea Stack level 2

You just can setup Password on the device. Lock it up, then connect the Pearl to PC, open DM, when asking for password, type the wrong ones for 10 times (set 10 for number of password attemps in the Pearl), and it will scrub entirely drive (not Media Card), then reload the OS.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

viguera, If you're sure you want to wipe the device, here are links to step by step instructions.

1. Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
    2. Download and execute on your PC the latest software for your 7230. See this thread for links to the sofware download site for your carrier, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier).
    3. Connect you BB to you PC
    4. Open JL_Cmder, select the Wipe Option (5)
    5. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles