my flash is stuck on. i have an 8100, ive wiped the entire phone, tried ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

siberianmist no está en línea Stack level 1

flash stuck on

Advertisement

my flash is stuck on. i have an 8100, ive wiped the entire phone, tried putting the battery in and out a million times and the flash wont go off. if i go into camera mode the flash goes off for 2 seconds then comes back on.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    When you say you wiped the entire phone, did you do it through Options/Security Options/General Options/Menu/Wipe Handheld? Or did you wipe your device using JL_Cmder and reload the OS?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

i did the security options/etc/wipe handheld... what is jl_cmber what does that do how do i do that

i have the 4.whatever.107 software right now im pretty sure its the most recent

The wipe you did will remove data and if you chose, remove 3rd party applications but will not correct whatever in your phones OS that has corrupted and is causing your flash to stay on.

The first thing I would try if I was you was to update the OS on your BB. You say you have the latest OS, could you tell me exactly what the OS version number on your BB is and confirm what model BB you have?

EDIT: and who's your carrier?
    Last edited by azstar; 08-23-2008 at 11:54 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

blackberry 8100
    version : 4.2.1.107 (platform 2.3.0.83)
    carrier : tmobile

thank you for your help

OK, it would be helpful if you would update your profile so we can help you a little more quickly and efficiently next time

That is the newest available from T-Mobile, but you could update to one of the official 4.5 releases. You just need to delete the vendor .xml before you install it on your BB. Or, if you don't feel comfortable using the OS from another carrier and are waiting for T-Mo to release 4.5 then you can use JL_Cmder to wipe your device and then reload your OS. Here are a couple links to check out.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=76342

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...39#comment1439

If you are not comfortable with the wiping process, you could try calling your carrier tech support and see if they will walk you through it. I don't use T-Mo so I'm not sure how helpful their tech support is.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

thanks a lot, i think i can handle it myself.