Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by vdragon my friend sent me an MMS. when i went in to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Konaver no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vdragon View Post
    my friend sent me an MMS. when i went in to retrieve the content, it wouldn't work. i cleared the cache, deleted both old and new MMS service book then host routing table to get the new MMS book back. but it still wont retrieve the content. what should i do?
    battery pull... every once and a while this happens to me and i just do a pull and then retrieve it and everything works out

vdragon no está en línea Stack level 2
    that was the first thing i tried, even though i neglected to mention. i went on tmo BIS and resent service books and that still doesnt work. =\

Quote Originally Posted by Konaver View Post
    battery pull... every once and a while this happens to me and i just do a pull and then retrieve it and everything works out

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Quote Originally Posted by vdragon View Post
    that was the first thing i tried, even though i neglected to mention. i went on tmo BIS and resent service books and that still doesnt work. =\
    Since you did everything as mentioned, now ask them to resend it and see if it works

vdragon no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by tfrankson View Post
    Since you did everything as mentioned, now ask them to resend it and see if it works
    hmmm...i tested by sending an MMS to myself and that worked. but i cant retrieve the content from an MMS that was sent to me prior to me fixing it (sometimes when i retrieve the content, it comes up blank. then when i exit and go back in, it says cannot retrieve content, so im guessing its not working). is there a way to fix that or is that not possible?

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~vdragon I had the same issue, spent a hour on the phone with t-mob. Finally got my MMS working, but was unable to retrieve any of the previous ones.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    The new mms service book will be automatically sent to the devices and should be done by now. If you are still having issues try sending a picture to yourself and that will re register. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Also. I'm doing some testing with this and not 100% convinced but I notice if I download new programs software etc and I don't restart my phone it doesn't retrieve the message. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jasondilts no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I've had the same issue with my 8100, I've deleted the service book several times. After 3 months of problems, tmo is finally sending me a new device.

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fieryknight View Post
    I see alot people have problems with MMS. At first i had the same problem with my Pearl 8100. I called T-mobile customer service and here's wat they told me to do.

1)Hold down the alt key(left of the sym key)
    2)Press LGLG
    3)a screen should pop up that says Event Log
    4)Press the menu key
    5)Scroll down to clear log
    6)exit and you should be able to send MMS as before

Do that twice a day and u should have no problems with MMS or the speed of ur BB.
    Is there anyway we can disable the collection of Event Log.

CoDrift.org no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by saneen View Post
    Is there anyway we can disable the collection of Event Log.

Theres too much maintenace for our phones

jasondilts no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~After 3 different 8100's, I finally got an 8120 and it works great. There must be an issue with tmo's configuration.

ChibiPanda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F3A96F
    You must just be unlucky.. I got my 8100 from tmo (and all my previous phones as a matter of fact) and i've never had one problem.
    I'm lonely. Drop me a PIN anytime!!

friedduck no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's still unstable even after the TMO update. FWIW the event log shouldn't have anything to do with whether you'll get MMS. Getting the new service books (I always do it from their website--not sure if there's another way) and then sending yourself an MMS first gets things working.

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12