Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have you tried reregistering it with the bes?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: First day with 8130, many issues

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have you tried reregistering it with the bes?

3Car no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay, duh, yep, that worked. Thanks!

I was just about to post that all this great advice had solved the problem, no lock ups, everything running great, etc. when low and behold, same issue again not 10 minutes. I "think" I have it isolated, but it makes no good sense as to why this happens. When I plug in the 8130 to a power source whether it be in the home or in the car, it goes into lock up mode. When I say "lock up" I mean the screen goes black, then white with an hour glass, then black with the red LED illuminated, and all over again in a continuous cycle until I do a battery pull. During this "lock up", all keys are unresponsive.

What gives, why would plugging it in to a power source do this?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Does it do this with any power source? Such as car and wall adapters? Or just a wall adapter? If it is only the wall adapter or if that is the only one you have, try using another power source such as a friends or a USB cable to the PC. If it happens with all power sources, then you may need to have it checked. If it only happens with the one cord then that one would be bad. Usually it is because of a damaged plug on the mini USB adapter.

3Car no está en línea Stack level 1

Alright, well I learned alot and know how to update the OS now, so all wasn't for naught and I'm glad my phone is updated. Thanks for the help and guidance.

It looks like the issue is when power is plugged into the Pearl. I've got several wall chargers and the result is the same when any of them is plugged into the Pearl. I also tried it with my car charger, same result.

Before I ask to have a new 8130 shipped, has anybody else had this issue and figured out a resolution?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12