Well, I would like to install a browser. Possibly the opera, I'll go with suggestions. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

First Browser I should install...

Advertisement

Well, I would like to install a browser. Possibly the opera, I'll go with suggestions. Also, what would be the easiest and safest way to install?
    This suretype sure will take a lil getting used to.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: First Browser I should install...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Do you have a problem with the BlackBerry browser? Other than Opera there aren't many options if you don't want to use the default browser, which I personally think is superior to Opera.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

The BB browser looks kinda of plain. I was hoping the opera made it look more like a browser I would use everyday. Maybe I shouldnt change it, huh.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Opera Mini is great imo.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Sometimes less is more. Plus, Opera doesn't really look much more like a PC browser. I think the BB browser is definitely easier to use, more reliable, and because it is specifically designed for Blackberry it just functions better, as opposed to Opera which has versions for multiple platforms, and wasn't designed specifically for BBs, but for all different types of cell and smartphones. Opera is free though, so you can absolutely download it and try it out with nothing to lose. I find a lot of people(including myself) get Opera for a specific purpose(like MySpace) and use it for that purpose, but end up sticking with the BB browser for primary everyday use. Good luck with your decision.

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

Opera mini high memory version was designed for use with BB's.. Its a great browser that you can access many site that you can't using the regular built in browser. I would highly recomend that you install and use opera mini its much faster and all in all a better web browser for EDGE and other networks!
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

I'm going to reccomend Opera Mini (Advanced/High Mem) also. Since I switched from a Windows Mobile 5.0 device, I was used to being able to access the vast majority of web sites more or less in the same manner I would with a desktop. I've found that Opera works wonderfully with basically all web sites, wheras the built-in BB browser does not. However, the best choice is always the one that meets your needs.

NinjanickC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2903

i suggest downloading Opera Hi-mem, and keep your other browser and use them both. I have found from experiance that one browser in better for differnt sites than the other and will find that too. You will confuse the buttins for a sec but using them both gets easy.... and just a tip remember that the trackball is back on Opera