This is my first blackberry, so I have a few questions. First, is it possible ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Miles73003 no está en línea Stack level 1

First Blackberry, couple questions...

Advertisement

This is my first blackberry, so I have a few questions.

First, is it possible for me to add a password protect to my messages? Basically, can I make it to where I must enter a password to go into my messages..?

Second, I have tried to transfer music for ringtones to my blackberry from my macbook with the bluetooth features. When I try, it does not let me transfer files due to the blackberry's "lack of features". Is there anyway I can do this?? Or is it not possible?

Third, with my address book, can I change the way the files are listed? I don't like the just name list view.

Well that is about it for questions. Sorry if these questions are asked all the time. Thank you for the time to answer though. I appreciate it

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Re: First Blackberry, couple questions...

There is an email encryption program here on Pinstack somewhere. I can't thing of the name.
    Also with phonebook I thought you can change the view in options once in the phonebook. I can't find that either. And sorry I don't have a Mac. Dang, I'm almost no help today. Welcome to the stacks
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

There is a program around that will allow you to do that, but im at work dont have the file...
    for the phonebook, go to menu -> options -> it will then allow you to sort by first name, last name or company..
    Make sure the Mac is paired with the pearl! otherwise it wont let you transfer.
    Once they are paired, go to the folder in the pearl where you want the file to go, and hit menu -> receive via bluetooth. Then send it from the Mac.

Wow, answers are fast on here. I appreciate the help and information.

For file transfers, I have the Pearl as a device on my Mac and vice versa. I went in and pressed "Receive via bluetooth" on the phone and then tried to send it with the mac, but it says the file transfer failed. I tried multiple times with different files and I still got the same result.

On a side note, is the Blackberry software compatible with Mac or must I use a PC with the provided disc??

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Miles73003
    Well that is about it for questions. Sorry if these questions are asked all the time. Thank you for the time to answer though. I appreciate it
    Hey don't worry about asking questions, that's what the forum is for.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

Do you have a media card on the phone?

No, I don't. I guess it makes sense why it isn't working then. I completely looked over that.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

HI miles read this link this will surely help you

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...mac_pearl.html

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Miles73003
    Wow, answers are fast on here. I appreciate the help and information.

For file transfers, I have the Pearl as a device on my Mac and vice versa. I went in and pressed "Receive via bluetooth" on the phone and then tried to send it with the mac, but it says the file transfer failed. I tried multiple times with different files and I still got the same result.

On a side note, is the Blackberry software compatible with Mac or must I use a PC with the provided disc??
    i hv a macbook pro.. i use pocketmac. its free and u can download it from the bb site.. but limited functionality. i heard the missing sync for blackberry is good. hvnt tried it yet tho.. and it isnt free. u can download a demo here
    http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_blackberry.php

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Quote Originally Posted by Miles73003 View Post
    This is my first blackberry, so I have a few questions.

First, is it possible for me to add a password protect to my messages? Basically, can I make it to where I must enter a password to go into my messages..?

Second, I have tried to transfer music for ringtones to my blackberry from my macbook with the bluetooth features. When I try, it does not let me transfer files due to the blackberry's "lack of features". Is there anyway I can do this?? Or is it not possible?

Third, with my address book, can I change the way the files are listed? I don't like the just name list view.

There is some email encryption software you can download the encrypt your emails, or you can just set a password on your itself, so no one can look at anything on your device but you, once you enter the password.

As far as syncing with MAC, the disk that came with the device is for PC's only, but you can download pocketmac to get the mac-compatible software.

As far as the address book, you can go into the address book icon and go to options by pressing your meny key (the key to the left of your trackball) that will give you the option of how you want you separate your entries. As far as I know you can only separate by first name, last name, or company.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Smile Re: First Blackberry, couple questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Djmarbll View Post
    There is some email encryption software you can download the encryption to your emails, or you can just set a password on your device itself, so no one can look at anything on your device but you, once you enter the password.

As far as syncing with MAC, the disk that came with the device is for PC's only, but you can download pocketmac to get the mac-compatible software.

As far as the address book, you can go into the address book icon and go to options by pressing your menu key (the key to the left of your trackball) that will give you the option of how you want you separate your entries. As far as I know you can only separate by first name, last name, or company.
    Fixed