I been Motorola since my Miami Vice block phone... I've had them all since. My ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HITMONEY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A06965

Question First Blackberry... actually first non Moto phone

Advertisement

I been Motorola since my Miami Vice block phone... I've had them all since.

My unlocked RAZR V3i with iTunes on Cingular finnaly died a few days ago... I went to the closest Cingular store to pick up a new KRAZR and while I was in there I saw the Pearl... I was strangely attracted to it. I havent had a smart phone in a while, I got sick of Pocket PC/Windows Mobile bugs.

Anyways, I went for something different and picked up the Pearl. Within 24hrs I almost returned it. I didn't know the first thing about it and really didn't want to take the time to learn. I gave the Pearl a second chance and now it is growing on me, thanks greatly to these forums.
    I am still not happy with the alarm, mainly it is not loud enough, also unhappy about the lack of video camera and 3g. Though I do hear 3g eats up batteries quickly.... ie the Blackjack.

So, I know how annoying it must be for you guys to answer the same questions over and over... so I have been doing alot of searching and lurking these past couple of days. I have updated to 4.2.0.67, gonna do the new Cingular update when I have an hour or so to kill. I've learned about the short comings of available themes, learned about the memory leak, etc etc.

Yet I still have a question... How can I free up the memory by deleting the un-needed language packs, etc etc.. Where are they so that I can uninstall them?

I would ask for any other n00by advice since I know I have gapping holes in my understanding of how Blackberry's work. But I will keep up on the forum searching.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share with me.
    If anyone ever needs any Motorola help (I doubt it) I have alot of modding experience with them.

Jerk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242392b9

Re: First Blackberry... actually first non Moto phone

I just upgraded to the .71 cingular OS, and during that process is where the languages are removed.

schattenmann no está en línea Stack level 2

Welcome to the club, hitmoney - a renegate from Nokia and S/// writes here

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

Quote Originally Posted by HITMONEY
    I been Motorola since my Miami Vice block phone... I've had them all since.

My unlocked RAZR V3i with iTunes on Cingular finnaly died a few days ago... I went to the closest Cingular store to pick up a new KRAZR and while I was in there I saw the Pearl... I was strangely attracted to it. I havent had a smart phone in a while, I got sick of Pocket PC/Windows Mobile bugs.

Anyways, I went for something different and picked up the Pearl. Within 24hrs I almost returned it. I didn't know the first thing about it and really didn't want to take the time to learn. I gave the Pearl a second chance and now it is growing on me, thanks greatly to these forums.
    I am still not happy with the alarm, mainly it is not loud enough, also unhappy about the lack of video camera and 3g. Though I do hear 3g eats up batteries quickly.... ie the Blackjack.

So, I know how annoying it must be for you guys to answer the same questions over and over... so I have been doing alot of searching and lurking these past couple of days. I have updated to 4.2.0.67, gonna do the new Cingular update when I have an hour or so to kill. I've learned about the short comings of available themes, learned about the memory leak, etc etc.

Yet I still have a question... How can I free up the memory by deleting the un-needed language packs, etc etc.. Where are they so that I can uninstall them?

I would ask for any other n00by advice since I know I have gapping holes in my understanding of how Blackberry's work. But I will keep up on the forum searching.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share with me.
    If anyone ever needs any Motorola help (I doubt it) I have alot of modding experience with them.

Hello from one Cingy Razr fan to another! I almost brought the Blacktacky untill my wife pointed out the Pearl. Now I'm really hooked. The wife calls it my mistress!

To delete the languages go to options/advanced options/applications. Once there scroll down to each language you don't want and hit the menu then hit delete. Make sure you do a battery pull once you've deleted all the languages you don't want.

Hope this helps.

Also an ALT.+lglg and clear log will help the speed on your pearl.

Stephen

PIN/ID
    24A06965

Quote Originally Posted by scboatman
    Hello from one Cingy Razr fan to another! I almost brought the Blacktacky untill my wife pointed out the Pearl. Now I'm really hooked. The wife calls it my mistress!

To delete the languages go to options/advanced options/applications. Once there scroll down to each language you don't want and hit the menu then hit delete. Make sure you do a battery pull once you've deleted all the languages you don't want.

Hope this helps.

Also an ALT.+lglg and clear log will help the speed on your pearl.

Stephen
    LOL... I am in V3i withdrawl as we speak. I am sure I will recover with the help of mistress Pearl by my side.

Hey thanks for showing me how to get rid of every fricken language ever concieved from my Pearl!!! I knew it had to be something simple.

Any recomendations on viewing excel files... I really don't need to edit them... just view them. The built in viewer is crappola.

Also, on a side note... does everyone go through the fixation with the roller ball? Its almost sexual... I can't stop touching it... LOL Everyone who holds the phone does the same thing.

Ok, I'll stop now.

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

Quote Originally Posted by HITMONEY
    LOL... I am in V3i withdrawl as we speak. I am sure I will recover with the help of mistress Pearl by my side.

Hey thanks for showing me how to get rid of every fricken language ever concieved from my Pearl!!! I knew it had to be something simple.

Any recomendations on viewing excel files... I really don't need to edit them... just view them. The built in viewer is crappola.

Also, on a side note... does everyone go through the fixation with the roller ball? Its almost sexual... I can't stop touching it... LOL Everyone who holds the phone does the same thing.

Ok, I'll stop now.
    Lol,
    I think the trackball is like 1st base!
    I've been triying to use eFile, it's a free program from Dynoplex.com, The also have eoffice. Yep, similar to MS office. But it costs a bit, $299 or more.

Hey what do you do for a living?

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Nice info on alt lglg. Never heard of that one. Welcome to the stacks folks, glad to have ya hear. This is my first blackberry as well. I dunno what I would do with out it now that I've had since sept. I've always been a fan of the candy bar style. My last phone nokia 6101 was my first flip phone. It did a lot of cool things, but I am so glad I came back to my candy bar roots. Blackberry for life from here on out

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Hi, Being new to both BB and this forum I have noticed that the answer to every prob ( well almost) seems to be a battery pull, surely there must be a way to re-boot the device without doing this? no wonder There are problems with the back door latch breaking!!

Gazar

P.S This a cool device I can feel myself becoming addicted !
    They should call it the black hole rather than blackberry. It pulls you in!!
    Last edited by gazar; 01-22-2007 at 06:34 AM.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Hitmoney, welcome
    Whatever help you need, just ask. I know how it feels sometimes when u get a new thing and it seems to be so complicated and nothing seems to be easy lol, but Im glad you gave your pearl another chance lol. It's just a matter of time, and u'll become a pearl master lol like some folks around here.

PIN/ID
    24A06965

Quote Originally Posted by scboatman
    Lol,
    I think the trackball is like 1st base!
    I've been triying to use eFile, it's a free program from Dynoplex.com, The also have eoffice. Yep, similar to MS office. But it costs a bit, $299 or more.

Hey what do you do for a living?
    $299 for a mobile phone app!?!?!?? Surely you jest!

I'll give eFile a try.. Thanks.

What do I do for a living... well this gets a bit complicated and parts of which may offend some right wingers... but oh well.. you asked...

I am and have been in the night club business from Atlanta to Miami and Tampa since 1996. Currently I run a club and consult for others. I have done all sorts of clubs but mostly of adult variety... Gentlemen's Clubs, ie Strip Club's, ie Titty Bars.

I do other things as well, such as own a WiFi company for residential and light commercial security scenarios which has now branched off into sort of a Private Investigating business using latest technology and spy software.

Kinda weird huh?.?

Hi, Being new to both BB and this forum I have noticed that the answer to every prob ( well almost) seems to be a battery pull, surely there must be a way to re-boot the device without doing this?
    Probably not. BB is not the only device where this solves most of the problems. iPaqs are notorious for this, as with windows mobile equppied smart phones. It just comes with the territory.The battery pull resets the memory, it's also reffered to as a "Hard Reset". A "Soft Reset" would just be powering the unit off and on.

Hitmoney, welcome
    Whatever help you need, just ask. I know how it feels sometimes when u get a new thing and it seems to be so complicated and nothing seems to be easy lol, but Im glad you gave your pearl another chance lol. It's just a matter of time, and u'll become a pearl master lol like some folks around here.
    Thanks for the welcome.... Yes, it is just so time consuming to get to thoroughly know another platform of anything. But this one seems to be a little bit more enjoyable than say a Cisco router.

It is also a bit of a process to join yet another forum and get to know the people and online personalities. There are always the same ones on every forum.. the joker, the spammer, the know it all, the flammer, the n00bs, etc etc... LOL

But so far this forum has been an immense help and has made my new BB experience that much better. Thanks!

Deetoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204f7a07

Hi - if you want to work with Excel files try Gridmagic from simprit dot com (no affiliation), it's shareware but not expensive and I prefer it to the eoffice/efile display.