I recently discovered that Mozilla has a version of Firefox called Firefox portable that allows ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

edwhite no está en línea Stack level 2

Firefox Portable on the Pearl

Advertisement

I recently discovered that Mozilla has a version of Firefox called Firefox portable that allows you to store favorites and browsing history on removable memory devices. I was interested in know if anyone had investigated using this type of browser arrangement on the Pearl. My understanding is that the Pearl will not support or allow applications to be loaded on the memory card, in other words that the applications must be loaded on the internal memory.

I read on this site http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable about the use of this software. I am not that bright, and not sure that I completely understand the whole concept. I was hoping to get feedback from the those in the stacks that are smart. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Firefox Portable on the Pearl

Wow sweet find! Basically this allows you to carry your Browser with you at all times. Although you have to use it through a PC. This basically gives you the definition. http://portableapps.com/about/what_is_a_portable_app

Pretty cool, if you work from different PCs all the time or travel a lot.

Rochenback no está en línea Stack level 2

They should make FireFox for cell phone, this would be good for tha portable Firefox.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I also found this though. I think this is what you're looking for edwhite.

Mobile Firefox soon
    http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/05...mobile-phones/

You are exactly right reddog187 that is what I was initially looking for, however I thought the portable option was interesting as well. I take it that you guys don't think I could load Firefox portable on the SD Micro memory card on my Pearl and make it work? Thanks as always!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by edwhite
    . . . however I thought the portable option was interesting as well. I take it that you guys don't think I could load Firefox portable on the SD Micro memory card on my Pearl and make it work? Thanks as always!
    No but you could use the pearl for what this FireFox portble is designed. But that would just be using the pearl as a USB storage device for it.

Rcbjr

Makes sense, so basically storing your personal data on the browser, and then pulling that onto a PC that you are using from the Pearl. Thanks for the feedback.