I havnt seen anyone post this yet, and it's driving me a bit nuts. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3

File system full?, new OS problem?

Advertisement

I havnt seen anyone post this yet, and it's driving me a bit nuts.

I updated to the new OS yesterday and everything is running PERFECTLY, I love the new system. Although, when take a picture (same settings as before), after the picture is taken it automatically goes to the save option and says "file system full".

The directory I'm saving them to is "memory/home/user/pictures/" and into the Device Memory.

Anyone?

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: File system full?, new OS problem?

Device memory wont hold too much. Do you have an SD card that you can save it too instead?
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

no, but looks like i'll have to go get one.

I didnt have this problem before hand though, does the new OS take up that much more room? I have 4655600 bytes of free file space

I don't think the new OS takes up a lot more memory but I couldn't tell you for sure. I have an extra Micro SD card that was left over after I sold my Pearl. Could give ya a GREAT deal on it! Just gotta delete my songs and "Private" pics first. haha.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

bitchin.. i may have a buddy that wants to pick up your pearl too.. sorry, i was trying to pick up an extra but got stuck buying another treo as a backup. I know I know, I'm an idiot. what size card is it?

I actually already sold my Pearl but kept the SD card. It's only a 1gb card and so it depends on how much stuff you wanna hold. I never filled it up but it was mainly for pictures and not movies and stuff. Let me know and we can work out a price. Peace!
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

I also have an extra microSD card, 1 GB for sale. I won't sell it until ktorres has sold his, I don't want to step on anyone's toes, and I'm not that desperate to sell it, but once he's sold his, if anyone wants to PM me, I'll be glad to let it go cheap.

ok, this doesnt make sense. After the OS update I only have 3835328 bites of space, that's what, 3mb? I have a few pictuers and a few apps (opera, jive, google maps, and a few BB games) but there's no way they could take up that much space, I should have aroudn 23mbs left. Do I somehow have both 101 and 103 installed on my bb?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If you have any pictures or music or ringtones that would be taking up most of the space. Maybe themes?

You only have 64mb of memory on the phone total. The OS will take up about 20mb so that gives you ONLY 40mb to work with.

Something is taking up the space try to find it. Have you tired a battery pull?

i deleted a few pictures and so forth and got 11mbs of free space. no music though or anything on the phone. Is there a way I can see what's on the phone starting with what takes up the largest amount of space?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Go to Status, Menu, Database Sizes

EDIT: That just shows the databases. Not third party or applications.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~also did you make sure all unused languages are deleted?

I dont think I did that. Will I have to re-install the OS in order for that to work?

LouDub21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Mines do the samething also! It say file system full an I gate the multitap now! Now I have 2 use the suretype witch I gate with a passion! Now my missied call icon won't leave! I need a new phone ASAP onless I find a sum help please!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Filling up your memory on your phone isn't good at all! I will slow your system down alot! just like your PC the more memory it has the slower the processor becomes. SD cards are the best there sold everwhere! not to be rude to the people trying to sell theres but just got to walmart a get on for like 20 bucks!