I would like to use my 1GB microSD as a storage device to take my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

narsi no está en línea Stack level 1

file manager

Advertisement

I would like to use my 1GB microSD as a storage device to take my files with me wherever I go. Before doing so, I have two questions.
    1) Will the readers (applications such as pdf reader and MS Word reader) open the files?
    2) Is there a good utility for managing files? (a file manger)

Thanks.

tippndown no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3012D2AF
    Not sure what you mean....Are you trying to execute the files on the blackberry?....or do you want to be able to hook your blackberry to other computers and view them elsewhere....you can create folders easily using your computer.

First go to Settings/Advanced Options/Media Card and make sure Mass Storage Mode Support Is On...Then plug your blackberry into your computer using your usb cord. Go to My Computer and select the drive titled Removable Disk...if you have more than one click each one until one opens containing a folder titled blackberry. Then add folders and rename them as you wish...I hope that helped

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8
    Quote Originally Posted by sublime
    I think you can only put da media files on the micro innit?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nope, you can put anything on your media card. It is just that your phone won't b able to read them, but when you connect you BB to a computer, you can view, copy the files without any problems.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by narsi
    I would like to use my 1GB microSD as a storage device to take my files with me wherever I go. Before doing so, I have two questions.
    1) Will the readers (applications such as pdf reader and MS Word reader) open the files?
    2) Is there a good utility for managing files? (a file manger)

Thanks.
    1) No. The files are just stored on the card. You can't read them unless they're photos and other media formats (then you put them in the appropriate folders created by the Pearl). The Pearl acts like a pendrive for other files.