Obviously Ive been a windows user and win mobile for years, but is there an ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

File Explorer for BB?

Advertisement

Obviously Ive been a windows user and win mobile for years, but is there an app for the bb similar to file explorer for viewing and moving files on the bb other than using the dtm?
    Thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: File Explorer for BB?

The only files you can move are the media files.

Go under media, menu, explore.

andreybutov no está en línea Stack level 2

The BlackBerry architecture does not provide a general file system -- it's not an operating system of the type you are used to seeing on the desktop. Each application is free to implement its own idea of what its file system looks like. In short, outside of a specific application (such as the media browser), there is nothing to 'browse'.
    Antair BlackBerry Software
    A spam filter for a cleaner inbox, a call screener to block calls, and more great BlackBerry tools.
    www.antair.com

brayndeded no está en línea Stack level 2

i have wondered this too, i just came from win mo,and it seems to me that as neat as bb is with its functions, that someone could make a program to group all of your files together instead of having all those icons on the screen. i know u can swith to zen or today,but wouldnt it be cleaner to have the today screen setup with a few icons then click thru those to get what u want? example: you have an icon for media,one for games, one for programs, one for sd card and then one you can name whatever you want. then instead on having 5 or 6 game icons scattered about, they are all under the 'games' tab. same with programs and such. i dont see the point of cluttering all those icons on the screen and have to scroll all around to find what you want.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by brayndeded View Post
    i have wondered this too, i just came from win mo,and it seems to me that as neat as bb is with its functions, that someone could make a program to group all of your files together instead of having all those icons on the screen. i know u can swith to zen or today,but wouldnt it be cleaner to have the today screen setup with a few icons then click thru those to get what u want? example: you have an icon for media,one for games, one for programs, one for sd card and then one you can name whatever you want. then instead on having 5 or 6 game icons scattered about, they are all under the 'games' tab. same with programs and such. i dont see the point of cluttering all those icons on the screen and have to scroll all around to find what you want.
    This can be done with some of the later Device Software Packages. Don't know if the 8830 has a version that will allow it though. You can check though. Go to the home screen and open the menu. If your S/W package allows it, you will see Add Folder.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

brayndeded no está en línea Stack level 2

ha, ill be darned...it does do that. now i totally feel dumb. ive been a bit scared to toy around with stuff, but sure enough my 8830 does that. thanks for the tip. now i only have 7 nice clean icons on my screen. i guess i need to get over the "dont mess with stuff cuz you'll screw it up and never figure out how to get it fixed" fear like i had with my win mo pocket pc phone. (which was imo the worst excuse for a ppc phone ever made. the htc ppc 6800. very slow,sluggish,lost my ringtones,voice tags,and even shocked me 3 times when i picked it up! 2 times it reset itself!)
    i will never buy an htc phone again.