Here are a few things that maybe were overlooked or hopefully will be fixed in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Few things to know about 8100

Advertisement

Here are a few things that maybe were overlooked or hopefully will be fixed in future software releases.

1. In the help program Under Display and keyboard>keyboard settings>turn on trackball lights> it says to go to device options, click screen/keyboard, set the trackball lights field to on, Press menu, save. that can be done there is no trackball lights field in screen/keyboard options.
    You actually have to go to call log>options>general options> and go to ringtone lighting field and set to trackball, save.

2. For those of you without a holster like me it kind of sucks have to carry the 8100 around and in order to lock the keyboard you can not have a device password on if you do it will lock your device but not the keyboard.

3. When switching between themes make sure you restart your phone to be safe cause when switching to T-Mobile zen to BB dimension today the organize applications option stays in device settings until you restart, so you could crash the phone a little if you try to organize from there.

sorry I couldnt word this better im late for dinner with the wife.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Few things to know about 8100

Do you like the Pearl dfc420?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cjvail13 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so are there any other complaints? And how is the trackball compared to the wheel?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've actually gotten quite used to the trackball. I like the ability to navigate horizontally as well as vertically. Just like the increased functionality!

yeah I like it although I will be switching back and forth from my 8700 to the pearl.

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    2. For those of you without a holster like me it kind of sucks have to carry the 8100 around and in order to lock the keyboard you can not have a device password on if you do it will lock your device but not the keyboard.
    My first post, so be gentle.

I use the mute button to "sleep" the phone, which also locks the keyboard. I haven't tested as I don't have a device passwd set yet, but I wonder if this method of locking the keys would work with a device password.

Any does anyone have a holster?

-Dan

thats a good call, standby mode does work with password set and keyboard is locked but it seems almost everytime I come out of standby mode I get the javalang error