ok im new, and i did do a OS reinstall on my pearl when i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shayne63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20E0D453

Few ?'s ON Upgrading OS

Advertisement

ok im new, and i did do a OS reinstall on my pearl when i got it , but i just have a few ?;s that i should no but would like to be refreshed.
    1. is this new OS (by rodger i think it is) a good idea for me to upgrade to?
    2. when i upgrade do i lose any of my information? dont remember cuz i didnt have any lol
    3. about getting all the vender themes, can somone refresh my memory on how to delete the vender file and find all the numbers to change. (i no theres a link somewhere but i suck at searching this place)

i have the 4.2.0.71 cingular OS. i dont really have a problem with anything but i figure if theres a good upgrade. Y NOT? im jsut scrrd and would like to know what you pros think i should do. also i know that cingulars vender number is 102.

anyways i hope to hear somthing soon. thanks a lot everyone.

shayne - 24010FED

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Few ?'s ON Upgrading OS

2. yes, you will lose information when you do an upgrade. you should definitely do a back up before installing the new os. the backup and restore icon is located on your desktop manager.

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

what will i lose ?

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

thnks , any ideas on any of my other ?'s.

also i have one more

4.i dont rmemeber my user id or my password when i try to login into personal email set up. so anyway i can find them out somehow? or do i have to get a new account, and how do i delete a message icon?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Unless you do something really drastic that bricks up your phone (which only means that you have to start over from scratch, it won't kill your phone. Won't have any of your data, but the phone isn't a total loss, either.) you don't have anything to worry about.

The OS upgrade is a simple procedure and one that you should learn and get comfortable with, IMO. RIM will offer upgrades/fixes on this phone for the forseeable future, and you may want to take advantage of them.

As long as you do a backup before you start, and follow common sense, you shouldn't lose anything. I've done several OS upgrades and reinstalls in the short time I have had my phone, and I have yet to need to restore anything.

If you can't remember your User ID and Password, you will have to contact your carrier's Customer Service or go to the local store to get it reset/recovered.

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

o okie doke ill try and recover that