Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

teamjordan, did you take out the trackball and clean it?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: Feel Like Killing My Pearl...........

Advertisement

teamjordan, did you take out the trackball and clean it?

tj2311111 Guest

No I didnt take it out yet. I figure I would try other methods now and tommorrow if it doesnt work Ill take it apart and clean it. Its too late to work on opening it up and cleaning it now. Im doing some homework for classes as Im trying to fix this and responding to the forums.

filip3rd no está en línea Stack level 2

Same sh..t happend to me so I called TMO on monday and today (wednesday) got a new one. It sucks when you can't do anything!

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

i had it happened to me twice. i think it wouldn't scroll to either the left or right. what i did was take the battery out and push the back side of the phone in a bit around the pearl, thinking it was just a bad "connection" and both times the method worked... hope that helps...

tj2311111 Guest

Still not working. So what should I do, open it up and clean it or call Tmobile and see what they say?

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Depends whether you want to try to get a new one or not. I beleive taking it apart may void your warranty for the device. I'm not positive about that though. If it were me, it would depend on what kind of mood I was in. If I was mad about it and wanted a new one I would try to get a new one. If I didn't mind and wanted to explore the insides of my Pearl, I would try to clean it. But if that didn't work, I guess I would still try to get a free one without giving them the slightest hint.

tj2311111 Guest

Heres the thing Im using the TIM OS, so before I return it I should downgrade to the latest T-mobile OS right? I still dont know if I should open it up or just call T-mobile. My friends were like thats what you get for buying a Blackberry (all problems). Lol.

BTW whats the link to open up the Pearl section?

tj2311111 Guest

Just tried to open the trackball area and I couldnt. I mean the damn chrome clip wouldnt come off. I didnt want to break the delicate plastic clips so I put a decent force and it would come out. I just gave up didnt want to mess it up and void warranty.

tj2311111 Guest

Anyone have suggestions on what to do? I really dont want to get a new BB, especially if it is a refurb.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok...push down on the ball as hard as you can and scroll to the left or right...well i don't mean as hard as you can, but hard...and scroll at the same time.

have you done a backup, just in case you have to turn it in to TMO?

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    ok...push down on the ball as hard as you can and scroll to the left or right...well i don't mean as hard as you can, but hard...and scroll at the same time.

have you done a backup, just in case you have to turn it in to TMO?

Ive tried the push down hard method. No luck. Either theres alot of dirt blocking this thing or something is seriously wrong.

Yeah I have a backup. Also Im using the TIM OS so I guess I should go back to the T-mobile OS just incase.

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

you may want to try reinstalling or downgrading your os just to see if it solves the problem.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

if you end up having to send back, just do a wipe...don't worry about going back to the other os...that way it restores the bb to factory settings and all of your stuff is wiped off of it im sorry this is happening

tj2311111 Guest

Oh and I noticed something. When I push down hard and scroll down there is some type of resistance. Like it doesnt want to go in that direction. But do it gently and the ball will scroll down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12