Hi, I got my bb a few weeks ago, but I was also moving at ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chrissie225 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EDFCF4

Fairly new user with a few questions anyone wanna help me?

Advertisement

Hi,
    I got my bb a few weeks ago, but I was also moving at the time. I haven't had much time to play with it in depth. This site has helped me out alot but I do have some questions, or issues?
    1. I can not get picture messages for some reason I just get a blank white screen. Is there something I have to do to my phone so I can see them
    2. Is there are way to delete email accounts? I would like to be able to access my work email on the weekends but that's it. I haven't been able to find a way to delete an address I added
    3. I don't understand what a third party application is. I did read about it, but I am just not getting it?
    3. How can I change the tone for my text messages. I have a hard time hearing the one that is defaulted.
    I have a ton more, but I think these are the ones I am most curious about and maybe if I learn some of this it can help me figure out other stuff.

Oh what's the diffence between a theme and wallpaper lol?

This is my first time ever having any kind of bb can you tell
    Last edited by chrissie225; 04-19-2007 at 01:01 PM.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Fairly new user with a few questions anyone wanna help me?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    1. You need to have a data plan to be able to send or receive pics via mms.

2. The easiest way, I say contact your carrier. They're usually quick.

3. Go to profile on your main sceen then chose advanced/and click on the one that's active. From there you'll see it all.

A 3rd party application is an additional application developed by someone lol that's not included with your phone. For example the trackball appl.

The diff between a wallpaper and a theme is this. Wallpaper is a wallpaper lol a theme is like another lookfor your phone. Includin btns menus fonts colors and banners.

Hope this helps.

BB DOWNLOADS
    WWW.*****.COM

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ow and um a few more things.

Here's a couple of places where you can get some nice wallpapers and themes.

www.mobile41.com
    www.*****.com
    www.*********.com

For free appl visit
    www.Getjar.com
    Mobile.blackberry.com
    Pinstack download section

For none free appl
    www.handango.com

There lol

BB DOWNLOADS
    WWW.*****.COM

chrissie225 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EDFCF4

Thank you so much! Yous have been so so helpful. I do have to call t-mobile because I supposedly do have a data plan so I should see the picture messages.
    Thanks
    Chrissie

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Hi,
    "2. Is there are way to delete email accounts? I would like to be able to access my work email on the weekends but that's it. I haven't been able to find a way to delete an address I added"

To get your work email it has to be pushed to your BB by your Company's BIS or a hosted server. If you have that and need to delete an account Open up your email, go to menu>Account Settings> go to menu again > Delete Account

" 3. How can I change the tone for my text messages. I have a hard time hearing the one that is defaulted. "

To change the tone Open up Profiles>Advanced>Select the profile(s)go to Messsages and select, scroll down to tune and change it.

You can change the sounds for alot of other things here too MMS, low memory, Phone ringers, email and other alerts.

Hope that helps you a bit.
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it