Hello, I have a BlackBerry 8100 on which i had BIS activated and it has ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pkash no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Failure to browse with BB 8100

Advertisement

Hello, I have a BlackBerry 8100 on which i had BIS activated and it has been working well. A few days ago I couldnt set or receive mail, use my yahoo chat or use internet browser. When I open the Internet browser i get the following error message "There is insufficient Network coverage to process your request. Please try again later". or it opens but keeps the "blackberry" logo on the screen. Any solution ideas?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Failure to browse with BB 8100

I would try and battery pull, if that doesnt work, try resending your service books through your carrier's bis page. Hope this works.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

When this occurs, what does the connection type indicate on your home screen, GSM, gprs, edge, GPRS, EDGE? That response usually indicates that you don't have a good data connection.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I have tried the battery removal but no luck. Let me try contacting my carrier to reset/resend my service book. The Connection indicate is gprs (small letters) with all the network bar indicators on.
    Last edited by pkash; 01-20-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

gprs in small letters indicates that your BB is connecting with a gprs tower but has not completed the connection with BlackBerry Network. It is a problem with the carrier. Call your carrier's CS and request the Data Device or BlackBerry Device Support. Explain what your symptoms are and ask they check the network in your area.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I called my Network provider and they did some "magic" at their office and I was back online....
    Thanks a lot....

My new problem is that I can use yahoo messenger and SMS'ing some numbers... (I am starting a new thread on that)