Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

this is my secondtime upgrading my OS to 4.5 but i wasn't successful the first ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ki114 no está en línea Stack level 1

failed OS upgrade AGAIN PLEASE HELPppp!!

Advertisement

this is my secondtime upgrading my OS to 4.5 but i wasn't successful the first time either i had a 8120 and it worked on that i really liked it wanted to put it on my 8110. my first time trying to upgrade on my 8110 it kept trying to re connect but it wouldn't so it was giving me an error and my black berry ended up dead with no OS on it. tried doing it over but same issue. downloaded it from different places and having the same issue still. had to go back to 4.3 =\ then my second time was tonight and it gave me an error trying to connect to ROM the device wouldn't turn back on it was just black screen with red LED light on when it gave me that error which said fatal error has occoured trying to upgrade your OS or something like dat... took battery out of the device put it back on and now my laptop wont detect the device on the desktop manager. tried different phone to check if maybe the usb was the problem but no and im pretty sure is good because it worked on that phone and i was also using it earlier and it was connecting fine untill then tried to see if i could charge the blackberry it wasn't able to. tried taking out the battery pluggin the usb cable into it see if i got it connected and inserted the card while it was lookin for the device. but that didn't work the screen was black red LED on not blinking. ok took out battery disconnected connected to wall charger and it gave me the black screen red LED then it gave me a no battery in sign so i put the battery in and it came back up and was able to charge this time. then i plugged it into the computer and it seemed to be connected i got the little lightning bolt for about 3 seconds then it just went away tried plugging it to the wall and it wasn't charging but if i take out the battery and then plug it into the wall it works... im not sure whats going on but the point is is not detecting my device is connected and it wont even charge after i plug it into the computer im trying uninstalling the blackberry desktop manager rightnow and the 4.5 os and re-installing it see what happens....somebody PLEASE HELP ME

ok tried device on another computer that doesn't have desktop manager installed and is reading it as a media device so the device connects is just not showing as is connected sometimes apparently maybe because the device is fully charged im not sure im not really used to the factory theme...re-installing DM still lets see what happens

ok issue resolved =] re-installing the desktop manager worked out i might reload the software i still would like to install 4.5 hopefully better luck next time lol on attempt number 3

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    was it your version of DM that was causing the issue?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey man....this exact exact same thing happened to me. I was baffled but I stayed persistant and it literally took 6 tries for it to go all the way through..it gave me fatal error...then it wouldn't reconnect...then bam...it went through..I didn't do anything crazy or re download or anything..just keep trying and make sure the cable is alll the way in the usb slot. Try that...post back

thanks for the reply man im kinda new to posting on the forums even though i been looking around for a while now so i was unable to answer ur pm message by pm back because id ont have 10 post yet... but i really thank u for inspiring me to try again im gonna go ahead and do that right now actually

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    That's good...I was sooooo aggervated that I actually kept trying and trying out of frusteration..lol and I noticed that everytime or other time I ran it..it did actually go one step further..I had blinking red..fatal error..and some other stuff then last one I got was reconnect issue...it did finally take and complete on the 6th or maybeeeeeee 7th try..but I was very excited when it finally did..you ll love 4.5 and learn to deal with the lil bugs..pros out weigh the con IMO...lol.. Gl..ask if u come across anything and have a question.

it got past the point where it said connecting to ROM and stuff now is erassing my software lolol lets see so far so good

reconnecting to JVM keeps connecting and disconnecting mmm same that happened the first time lets see if it gives me an error message again

error: unable to reconnect during multi-stage operation

trying again....

fatal error occoured... trying one more time...

not working out about to go back to 4.3 once again...

tried one more time different usb port mmm didn't work out for me... unable to reconnect to device during multi-stage operation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast