I am having a problem......... When I start an application my BB goes black & ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

The Juice no está en línea Stack level 3

Fade to black

Advertisement

I am having a problem.........

When I start an application my BB goes black & then just sits there for about 20-30 seconds. I click the trackball or back button to get it back. Is my BB dying?

When I turn on my bb or click it on to see time, it goes to black within 20 seconds. How do I slow that time down?
    Hit me on my BlackBerry-Rass Kass

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Fade to black

Go to Options->Screen/Keyboard then scroll down to backlight timeout and you can change the time up to 2 min...hope it helps
    Last edited by silviajdm; 10-23-2007 at 01:49 PM.

djxphactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FFB15D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its just an auto dimming feature on the phone to prevent it from dying

-X

I already have it on 45 seconds, it goes out before that time is up.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

On the same screen where you set the time out, what do you have the screen intensity set to? If you have it set to less than 100%, it could affect the time it takes to fade to black. You said you have the fade set to 45 seconds, but it takes less than that. How long is it from the time you hit the trackball until the screen goes black? Have you timed it?

When I hit the trackball it comes up automatically, this is with no app. When I do yahooGo it takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds.

But when I just finish doing something or put it down it takes about 20 seconds or less when it is set to 45. This is the only thing in that section that I changed since I got my bb.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

you could try a fresh install of the OS...but make sure you back-up everything on your phone first so you don't lose any of your information...this just sounds like a software bug...are you using the latest DM and OS from T-Mobile?

metalgear138 no está en línea Stack level 1

just bump up your backlight timer. the screen will "black out" after the phone sits idle. it is kinda annoying tho, because say when im in an area that isnt well lit, i basically have to pray and press when im thru with a phone call, not unless there is some option that can fix this but im not sure.