Hi guys, I have a BB Pearl 8100 that I bought back in October with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

SaddleSC no está en línea Stack level 2

Factory Setting Restore

Advertisement

Hi guys,
    I have a BB Pearl 8100 that I bought back in October with TMO service. I absolutely love it. However, being technologically curious, last week a friend in town loaned me his Treo 680 to test out. I switched the SIM and changed my plan with TMO. Long story short . . . I missed my Blackberry so much I almost didn't make it through the week. Now, I have swtiched my plan with TMO back to BlackBerry Minutes and Mail and put the SIM card back in my Pearl. When I booted it up this morning, the Browser application was nowhere to be found. It is completely gone. I also tried to set up my email again (from the phone) but that did not work, because the setup application uses the browser to take you to the set up page.

So basically, I figure the best way is to restore the BB to its factory settings and start from scratch. How is the best way to wipe it clean and reinstall all the core applications so it looks the way it did the day I bought it? (I installed the latest OS two weeks ago)

I am also open to other suggestions/fixes, but in my experience with computers a fresh start is usually the best way.
    Thank you guys in advance for your prompt attention to this matter,
    Brian

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Re: Factory Setting Restore

You need to resend the service books.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I do that? Step by Step please. Is that the best way to accomplish my intended goal?

OK. I found instructions in the forum to resend the service books. I received a message that my device had been registered, but nothing appears to have changed and the Browser application is still missing. (Also, not that I have tried to show all in the hopes that the application was just hidden and it was not.) Any new suggestions?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Brian, it sounds to me like all you did was 'register the device' by hosting the routing tables?
    To send service books you must be at a PC (since your browser is missing). Log on to your BIS account from TMO and you can 'send service books' from there. I'm sorry I don't have the url for that page...hopefully you do.

***EDIT***
    here is the link to tmo
    http://www.t-mobile.com/bis/

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for all your help guys. After I resent the service books I took the battery out and reset the device. As soon as I booted back up the browser reappeared and all is well with the Pearl once again! I am so glad to have her back. Have a great day.

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

Two ways:
    1. If you have a BIS account created. tmobile.com login to your Blackberry email settings, there is an option to re-send your service books to your handheld that you control.

2. Call t-Mobile and have them re-send you books to you.

upwrap no está en línea Stack level 1

You can also do a complete hard reset. This will wipe out your setting, messages, pictures, files, contacts, everything. I had a problem where my brower was not working and I did this and it re-registered and automaticly resent the books and worked.

Posted from "Natalie's Blog" - google search "pearl hard reset"

"Go to Options / Security Settings / General Settings, then click the Menu button and choose "Wipe Handheld". You will need to type in blackberry to confirm your request but your device should be cleaned off after that!"