Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, I'm trying to get facebook and windows live messenger for my BlackBerry Pearl 8110 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Sacred no está en línea Stack level 1

Facebook // Windows Live Messenger

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm trying to get facebook and windows live messenger for my BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (t-mobile contract).
    I've followed the instructions on the BlackBerry website which informed me to using my handset visit http://www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging and choose the WLM from the list. Upon visiting the website I get the following screen showing:

Microsoft® Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) users: if you encounter an error, look at the top of this page for a yellow bar that reads "This site might require the following ActiveX control: 'AxLoader.cab' from 'Research In Motion'. Click here to install..." Click the yellow bar and choose "Install ActiveX Control..." to allow installation to proceed.

And then nothing else happens, I can't continue onto any other pages.

I have similar problems with facebook except when I access its website www.blackberry.com/emea/facebook_download I get told on my BlackBerry handset that I need Microsoft Internet Explorer ???

I've tried downloading the software onto my mac and get the same problems saying I can't access the pages because I need an activex control.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Sacred

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    I have similar problems with facebook except when I access its website www.blackberry.com/emea/facebook_download I get told on my BlackBerry handset that I need Microsoft Internet Explorer ???
    that website is for going to on your home computer and then it will load facebook onto your device. that activex control they are talking about is what access the device manager while on that site and you connect your blackberry and it will load the app. its not an OTA site to get facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    that website is for going to on your home computer and then it will load facebook onto your device. that activex control they are talking about is what access the device manager while on that site and you connect your blackberry and it will load the app. its not an OTA site to get facebook.
    I've tried it on my home computer but it doesn't work on that either. Same problems that I get with my phones handset.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Check here in Jerry D's mini version tracker, there are OTA links you can click on fron your Blackberry for Facebook, Messenger, and lots of other things. Give it a try:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=322
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Check here in Jerry D's mini version tracker, there are OTA links you can click on fron your Blackberry for Facebook, Messenger, and lots of other things. Give it a try:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=322
    Thanks for the link, if I click on the link for Facebook I get the following:

Home
    Facebook

Note

Microsoft® Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) users: if you encounter an error, look at the top of this page for a yellow bar that reads "This site might require the following ActiveX control: 'AxLoader.cab' from 'Research In Motion'. Click here to install..." Click the yellow bar and choose "Install ActiveX Control..." to allow installation to proceed.

and I get the exact same as the above if I follow his link on my blackberry handset.

I've clicked on his MSN messenger link and I get:

Home
    Windows Live Messenger

Notice
    This web page uses ActiveX controls that work only in Microsoft Internet Explorer. To ensure that Windows Live Messenger is correctly downloaded to your BlackBerry, this site is not designed to work with any other Internet browsers. If you cannot use Internet Explorer, you may be able to download the software directly to your BlackBerry smartphone.

So again I try to do it through my blackberry handset and again I get the same message as above....???

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    ok lets start from scratch.

what device do you have?
    OS?
    Carrier?
    what about your computer OS?

Did you go to the link for Jerry D's version tracker on your BB and use your BB to click on the OTA link for facebook?

I just did and from my blackberry first it gave me a terms and conditions page, I scrolled to the bottom and clicked agree and it immediately brought me to the download page where i could click download or cancel.

edit: and when I use my BB, go to Jerry D's mini version tracker and click the OTA link for Messenger it brings me right to the page with the download button at the bottom.............
    Last edited by azstar; 04-06-2008 at 07:59 PM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    ok lets start from scratch.

what device do you have?
    OS?
    Carrier?
    what about your computer OS?
    BlackBerry Pearl 8110
    v4.3.0.104 (platform 2.6.0.59)

Network - T-Mobile (UK)

My macs running OSX 10.5.2

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Using your blackberry web browser go to: blackberry.com/facebook

Question

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Using your blackberry web browser go to: blackberry.com/facebook
    Ok i went to the website above using my handset, I click on the "download" link provided and it gave me a page with terms and conditions, I accept and click next and then get a page with the following on:

Microsoft(R) Windows XP SP2 users if you encounter an error look at the top of this page for a yellow bar that reads. This site may require the following ActiveX Control Axloader.cab from Research In Motion, click here to install "click the yellow bar and choose install ActiveX control" to allow installation to proceed.

Below this I get a blue bar showing 0%

Below that I get the following grey buttons (none of which work)

Next
    Retry
    Next
    Retry
    Next

Below that I get a message in a red box saying debug messages

The 0% bar doesn't move regardless of how long I leave it. I'm really confused!

Are you using the native blackberry browser or are you using another browser on your BB like opera mini?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are you using the native blackberry browser or are you using another browser on your BB like opera mini?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Wha?

Not a clue, my phone has T-Mobiles "Web n' Walk" which is my only way to connect to the internet using my handset.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    yup that has to be it lol. What he's reporting is impossible with the "BlackBerry browser"

I'm not familiar with t mobile but I'm guessing you don't have a BIS blackberry data plan......not sure what web and walk is.......~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm not familiar with t mobile but I'm guessing you don't have a BIS blackberry data plan......not sure what web and walk is.......~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Whats a BIS blackberry data plan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast