All right, where to begin. I'll skip the introduction of how long I've been trying ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

SimpleBurden no está en línea Stack level 1

Extremely Frustrated... (help?)

Advertisement

All right, where to begin. I'll skip the introduction of how long I've been trying to sort out this mess and head strait for my problem.

I recently bought a blackberry 8100pearl, and was experimenting with taking pictures. Somehow I managed to turn on the encryption thingy and I ended up taking a good 40 pictures before I realized I was unable to view them (as they were being saved as a .jpeg.rem file). I quickly switched it back and now everything is working fine, -- BUT:

Here is my problem. Those 40 pictures I took with the encryption - I cannot seem to access. When I look on my phone, they do not show up. When I plug my phone into my computer, they show up as a .jpeg.rem (or .rem.jpg, can't remember), and they are unviewable. I've tried so many things, but all of my picture converters cannot read the file - they wont even open it. I've tried dragging + dropping, that wont even work. I'd really apreciate some help in this area.

Currently, my phone does not have bluetooth - I don't think that would matter anyways, though, because I cannot see the pictures on my phone with a .rem.jpg format anyways! :@ grr...

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Extremely Frustrated... (help?)

i found a few other threads with the same problems and no one seems to have come up with a solution for this. Although someone had posted a exerpt from the 8100 manual and it supposedly says that as soon as you turn off the encryption, the phone should decrypt the pics. but this didnt seem to work for anyone.

good luck.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Here's your solution: e-mail them to yourself & get your mail from the PC.

SimpleBurden no está en línea Stack level 1

Yea.. The only problem is I cannot see the .rem.jpg pictures on my phone.. I can only see them while I plug my phone into the computer..