Good morning fellow addicts, I happen to have a very, very interesting problem with my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Zaszolo no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Extreme troubleshoot

Advertisement

Good morning fellow addicts,

I happen to have a very, very interesting problem with my Blackberry 8130. The problem has been going on for 6 months now, and there are no signs of it slowing down. I've gone through every hoop my service provider has to offer and it has been of no avail, so I've decided to post the issue here.

Note: I am operating through Sprint, and every condition my phone has been through is optimal for receiving a signal.

My 8130 has not been receiving calls. During typical daytime hours, my phone will not ring. Instead, the arrows in the upper right hand corner flash as if they are preparing to receive and send data for a call, but the only message to pop up is "You have 1 Missed call". Click on that, and it says the missed call was from an Unknown ID.

Now, this would be acceptable if 80% of the people I talk to don't have their numbers blocked.
    It would do this for all calls. My phone, on the other end of the spectrum, would seem to ring twice, but my phone would never beep once. I can send and receive text messages, surf the interwebs, use my GPS function, and make calls with no trouble at all, however it just won't accept any incoming calls.
    As of late, it's been acting weird. Sometimes during the day, it will actually ring once or twice. Typically its actually when I'm such a bad area for reception that I may have one, or no bars of signal.

I have gone through Sprint's reprogram function (in case any Sprint techs happen to read this), reformatted the phone, had my service disconnected and reconnected, exchanged my phone for a new one (same model), and sat with tech support for too many hours buzzing in circles.

Chances are I'll end up with a Bold from AT&T, but if I can prevent such a loss, I'd like to do so. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks for reading

nlewis44 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Wow, thats a heck of an issue. a real tough one. Is Sprint service any good in your area? does this happen no matter where you are?

Sprint has exceptional reputation for 3-4 bars in my area, most days.
    As for location, yes, it happens everywhere. Including out of state.

I'm quite puzzled too.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Have you upgraded the OS from the original it was shipped with?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post

Shoot. No I have not.
    Coincidentally enough, I don't know how to either.
    I've poked around the Sprint site for the software upgrade, as well as RIMs, but didn't see anything. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    ^^Latest OS for all devices can be found Here

How to upgrade Here

Excellent. Thank you much.

I'll update with my results from the upgrade.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    By any chance is your phone on your work BES ?

If so make sure the Admin didn't mistakenly block calls from a certain time frame.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Trouble with Tribbles...er. 8130

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post

Two months later I have finally upgraded the OS on my 8130 to the most recent one available on the Sprint website, and I am STILL not receiving calls.

I'm going to try my luck at holding out until the Bold is released, but trying to fix this would let me die easier.

Any other suggestions?

p.s. it is not going to BES or any work-related structure. bargh.

voodoo71 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok long shot but I had this issue because of ring back tones. Also from home screen hold the alt key while pressing l g l g and then clearing the log. Also make sure the service books aren't doubled up. I am on my 3rd 8130. They are known for memory leaks. Also just to check make sure the profile you are using does not have do not disturb activated. There are some things to consider. Hope something helps. Also do not use a case with a magnet closure will mess with the phone.