I have an 8100 Pearl with a 4GB media card loaded with music. The headset ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jbblack no está en línea Stack level 1

Question External speakers not working

Advertisement

I have an 8100 Pearl with a 4GB media card loaded with music.

The headset supplied with the phone works just fine when plugged in to the 2.5mm jack - I can do calls or listen to music.

But I bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm convertor so that I could connect some external speakers - and I can't get music to play through that at all. Whenever I plug it in, the BB ignores it and plays back through its internal speaker.

Should this work, in which case what am i doing wrong or do I just have a duff cable?

thanks......

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jbblack View Post
    I have an 8100 Pearl with a 4GB media card loaded with music.

The headset supplied with the phone works just fine when plugged in to the 2.5mm jack - I can do calls or listen to music.

But I bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm convertor so that I could connect some external speakers - and I can't get music to play through that at all. Whenever I plug it in, the BB ignores it and plays back through its internal speaker.

Should this work, in which case what am i doing wrong or do I just have a duff cable?

thanks......
    This is due to the converter cable, try and get just an adapter for the jack, it's what I use and it works fine.