I use BB Light to keep my pearls blacklight on while it's charging. However, last ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Proxima no está en línea Stack level 2

External Power question

Advertisement

I use BB Light to keep my pearls blacklight on while it's charging. However, last night it started doing something different. After it's fully charged, the charge indicator turns off and then it turns the light off as if it was no longer on external power.

The charge indicator used to stay on even while fully charged if it was plugged in still, but now it doesn't.

It does this whether on wall power, or usb tethered to my computer.

Did I change a setting somewhere and not realize it?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: External Power question

Hmmmm...I've never used BBLight, I'm not familiar with that....

SOMEONE......ANYONE!!!

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

My 8100 always turns the charge indicator off once the battery is charged. Isn't this better? This way you know that it's fully charged. Similarly, I like the idea of BB Light turning off the backlight once it's fully charged because I could tell from a distance that it's fully charged. I'm going to try BBLight now! Unless someone knows of a way to control the LED for charging (like the BB does when the power is off)

Okay, I just installed BBLight and plugged it in. For me, the backlight stays on even after fully charged (the charge indicator goes off though). So seems like it works the way you want (though not the way I want!).

Have you tried a battery pull? Maybe your 8100 just needs a reset.

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3

This may sound dumb but you guys have the red LED on when it's charging ? Mines doesn't do that

No - I get no LED when charging if the phone is turned off. That's what I would like - some kind of visual indicator that I can see from a distance - but haven't found an app for it yet. If the phone is turned off, then then I get a green LED. I forget the pattern - blinking for charging and steady for fully charged or something like that.

What BBLight did was turn on the backlight while plugged in. But for me it stayed on even after the battery was fully charged.

Very odd. Staying on is what I'd prefer.... One thing I need to test is I also within the last few days turned on the keyboard password options. When the keyboard is locked it wants to turn itself off right away. I wonder if it's locking the keyboard after the timeout period and that is overriding BB Light.

Which password options are you talking about? The automatic lock built in to the BB or do you have a third party program?

The built in functionality is what I'm using. It auto locks my keyboard after 1 hour of no use.

I haven't tried that, but there must be something to this keyboard lock thing. Because I tried locking my keyboard with the regular keypad lock icon and then plugged it in. Now my backlight was doing a slow flash - very slow, like a fade in and fade out. So that was definately interfering with BBLight.

Yup, that's exactly what it is. I turned off the password and it stayed on all night like it used to. I noticed it doing the fade in and out thing too. One is trying to shut the light off, the other is trying to keep it on and they're fighting over it.