Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ugh this just happened to me when i reregistered under options > advanced options host ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

supraz no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Experts: "Uncaught exception java.lang.NullPointer Exception"

Advertisement

Ugh this just happened to me when i reregistered under options > advanced options host routing table....

sanjeevjoshi no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: Experts: "Uncaught exception java.lang.NullPointer Exception"

Whose network are you on?
    Do you have any SW other than the factory build?

Also, another quick question - do you have a password enabled?

After a day of all kinds of testing, I think I have a hunch (not a technical answer) why this might be occurring - let me know your carrier, whether you installed any other app or theme, and whether you have password enabled on your 8100.

Thanks,

jydn no está en línea Stack level 1

This is not an OS issue since it is happening at the java application layer. It does appear to be happening in core code, not from a third party, but that's not to say a third party isn't responsible. In both traces the final call was to getApplication, and I'm willing to bet they were regarding the same application. Unfortunately, without more information it is not possible to now know the exact cause.

Pardon my implication - I was referring to OS rather generically - including the core apps. I did leave out a core module called net_rim_tmo_five.cod in the last swipe / reinstall (figuring this is not core RIM, but something added for TMo, and that seems to have at least reduced the occurrence... and following my hunch and waiting to unlock the keyboard (password protection), I have virtually reduced the occurrence to nil. Has not happened in over a dozen power cycles.

The hunch I have is very simple. In my case I have password protection turned on by enterprise security - not sure if all others who have this problem do.

I think while the phone is waking up from standby or powerdown, if I "interrupt" its waking up processes by unlocking (ie.. typing the password and hitting enter), it throws a Java error. Does not matter which app generates this - can be the phone app, the backlight app, the browser app, the theme app, etc. The log shows Java errors thrown at random by all these apps.

I am not technical enough to understand the mechanics well, but this simple workaround seems to work for me so far, although its too early to tell if this is really a fix.

Most likely a software bug that needs to be fixed in the next release. I am surprised the phone made it to production with such an error.

supraz no está en línea Stack level 2

I have only installed Verichat, google maps, blackberry 411. Not password protected. I did notice it happened when i was putting it to sleep. As soon as it went to a black screen it hit the power to turn it back on, it didnt even go to the tmobile screen it powered it back on so fast. Thats when i got the error

Thumbs up FIXED - NULLPOINTER EXCEPTION

Situation: Factory Install, TMobile, got it unlocked, and started using Cingular SIM card. Enterprise IT Policy pushed to device when synced up with desktop

Problem: Every time device was woken up from standby or powerdown, it would throw a nullpointer exception, logs showed multiple applications somewhat randomly it seemed

Approaches tried: Deleting themes, wiping handheld, using app loader to reinstall OS, apps, and data, etc. Then considered deleting one of the modules in the core SW. Decided to try something that is TMO specific, since problem started only when I switched to Cingular SIM. I am not a technical person, have never worked with java, but thats the logic I used.

WHAT WORKED AS A FIX:

- Delete the module net_rim_tmo_five.cod from the core SW (sits in folder in the shared\loader files \8100xxx\java)

A couple of background errors happen as evident in the log, but you get no prompts, and performance is not impacted.

AMAZING! Now we only have to wait for Cingular to release the next OS / app rev in the next 2 /3 months.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

I am having the very same problems....wasn't jumpimg for joy to see this message...thats for certain...

At least I read this post before hand....

youngmagnet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

youngmagnet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

The same thing happened to my pearl and that was 4 days after I got it..I didn't even download any. Apps or anything like that..

Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Upgrade to Rogers OS v.51, fixes all errors!

javi no está en línea Stack level 2

SWAP IT OUT ...... I had the same problem with a pearl that the SIM card would not transfer the SIM numbers to the Addy Book. Its Defective SWAP IT. You will be glad you did it.

DCalvert no está en línea Stack level 1

i have a tmobile SIM, i dont have any programes or themes downloaded to the phone. the only thing i have on here are some mp3's ive uploaded, and a bunch of failed attempts at video...i get the same message

DCalvert no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by javi
    SWAP IT OUT ...... I had the same problem with a pearl that the SIM card would not transfer the SIM numbers to the Addy Book. Its Defective SWAP IT. You will be glad you did it.
    i had the problem with my first 8100 (ive gone through 3) unless you complete the set up wizard FIRST before you do anything else, it copy your SIM numbers to the adress book

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

i get that too but not always.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast