As many have seen first hand, you CANNOT get the blackberry native browser to work ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vidals no está en línea Stack level 2

expert advise needed for unlocked 8110 on tmobile

Advertisement

As many have seen first hand, you CANNOT get the blackberry native browser to work with an unlocked 8110 on tmobile. But is there an OS expert out there who knows how to get around this limitation? (yes, opera mini works great, but it does *not*allow for applications to be installed OTA).

Carriers only support certain phones and will not provision the service books for phones that they do *not* support. So in my case, I got an unlocked suncom 8110 and I'm using it on tmobile. BB technical support let me know that the BB browser will never work until tmobile decides to sell the 8110 and provide the corresponding service book for the BB browser.

So is it possible to do either of the following:

1) trick the phone into allowing opera mini to do OTA installations just like the native BB browser does.

2) somehow force the 8120 service book unto the 8110? (tmobile does sell the 8120)

--Gil

fieryknight no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2425F228
    I dont think there is no solution. You have to switch to a phone that T-mobile has or continue using Opera Mini.

unwant3d1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Dude i am having the same problem here. i have an ATT unlocked 8110. and browser not working... I need the darn service books as well... Come on someone has to know how to get around!!!