Hi, I'm having some problems with my pearl such as the phone shutting off on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sudy281 no está en línea Stack level 1

Exchanging the bb while still under warranty

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my pearl such as the phone shutting off on a regular basis while i'm still on a call and or it'll just shut off by itself and it won't even turn on even after doing a battery reset. These are problems that an app loader can usually fix but I always find that the glitches come back.

I've been on the phone with t-mobile to fix these problems numerous times over the year and i'm always so close to receiving an exchange, yet unless there's a software failure the app loader can't fix, they won't do the exchange. I know that I can "bend the truth" a little if I really wanted a new pearl but I just can't say "my phone completely doesn't work" when I see that it does.

So as ridiculous as this is, is there any way to intentionally crash my pearl's system and make it warrant an exchange? My warranty is ending soon and I just love this phone but I know in the end it won't last me another year.

Thanks.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Exchanging the bb while still under warranty

It's a little difficult for us to recommend ways for you to intentionally crash your Pearl so you can get a warranty exchange, as there are many representatives of RIM that are members of PinStack, and that presents a conflict of interest. What I get from your post is that you feel your Pearl is defective in some way or close to being defective or not going to last much longer due to continued problems. I would go ahead and try to do a warranty exchange if you feel that your device is eligible.

Here is the link to the RIM BlackBerry warranty:
    http://www.blackberry.com/legal/warranty/handheld.shtml
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Who are you talking to? Just be assertive and ask for a replacement. If my phone did that to me, I would be getting a new one. There is no reason why the wouldn't replace it. Be demaning or threaten to change providers, or ask for supervisors, keep escalating until you get what you want. There is no for you to put up with a non working phone.

sudy281 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for the replies.

Sorry for asking if there was a way to intentionally damage the phone. I figured it would cause some conflicts of interest since this board is mainly for people looking for help to fix the phones.

Pretty much the issue is that after I troubleshoot the phone, there's a period where it works and then it defects again. It's just some sort of weird cycle. I started this thread because I wasn't sure if that was a reason enough to get an exchange. Again, thanks for the replies and I'll just call them again and explain my situation and hopefully everything will work out this time.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

cool sudy good luck, hope it all works out. Let us know how it goes, and welcome to the stacks!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

That sounds like a good plan! Happy Holidays and welcome to the Stacks!

~via Lavaberry (wap.pinstack.com)~