okay ive looked and searched and i havent found a CURRENT thread about this and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

exception on pearl doesnt work?

Advertisement

okay ive looked and searched and i havent found a CURRENT thread about this and i REFUSE to give up on this issue. heres the deal: ive set up exceptions for certain people on my list to where its SUPPOSED to ring whatever CUSTOM phone tune i chose for them. but it NEVER works and ive tried so many times that i finally gave up but now that ive got ringtones (more personalized for certain people) i figured id give it a go AGAIN. but to no avail. ive pulled battery, even took sim card out and what not but still nothing. its THE most annoying thing to me. i mean my bf's PHONE can do it why cant mine? he has a frickin SIMPLE lil samsung flip phone and in this case, its COOLER than mine. whys that? i need help. ill do whatever. i have lots of cool tunes that i want to use but it uses the main ringtone every time somebody calls me and thats so very annoying. ANY help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

ps. pin me since ill be out and about and its faster rather than coming here every time and searching for this thread for possible answers. my pin is 23E43C13.

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

Re: exception on pearl doesnt work?

have you tried deleting you all your exceptions and setting up custom tones from the address book? and I'm not sure but you may want to make sure 'Important Calls' is unchecked.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

okay THAT doesnt work. this is frustrating. do you know how many times i told my bf to call me to see if it worked? ugh.
    what else can i try?

also thanks for the suggestion.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Sorry I can't pin you as I don't have my new Pearl unlocked yet. That means I'm on an old RAZR! Boo to that.

Anyway if this is happening only with your my favorites then try to actually change the ring tone at the myfavorites application. Find the favorite, edit their info and see if that works. I know that was the issue I had for the longest time. I hope that helps and have fun while you're out!