Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there any application that will allow me to open excel and word files that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

Excel and Word

Advertisement

Is there any application that will allow me to open excel and word files that I get in my email on my Pearl? I don't need to be able to edit them, just would like to view them

Thanks Stackers!!!
    StatikBB
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Excel and Word

yep download this and its free

www.beamberry.com

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

You should be able to open them with the default attachment service that comes with a BB. Are you not able to view them?

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i have beamberry & still have yet to figure out how to even use the damn program. doesn't it store the files you open on a server somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    i have beamberry & still have yet to figure out how to even use the damn program. doesn't it store the files you open on a server somewhere?
    yep that is true but i have had no problems whatsover opening attachments , that are not important , for the important ones i wait and load them on my macbook , i think it is safer

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

that makes sense. i just didn't want important things sitting on some server, god knows where for whoever to do with as they please. maybe, i'll give it another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    that makes sense. i just didn't want important things sitting on some server, god knows where for whoever to do with as they please. maybe, i'll give it another shot.

yep i mean i only open pdf files and doc files that i know have nothing important in them , because as you say who knows ???

HITMONEY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A06965

I use Grid Magic to open my excel files.. works very well.

http://www.simprit.com/gridmagic/

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

actually i was posting this for a friend of mine. wehave a web based login for our server atwork, and when she logs on to the server to check her email through the BB browser it says that she cant open that type of file

btw antx who's up in the game? or is it over?
    Last edited by StatikBB; 04-25-2007 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged.
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by StatikBB
    actually i was posting this for a friend of mine. wehave a web based login for our server atwork, and when she logs on to the server to check her email through the BB browser it says that she cant open that type of file

btw antx who's up in the game? or is it over?
    its over chelsea won 1.0 but return match on tuesday will be hot

chris93372 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D7C73C

Thanks for the info on BeamBerry. Works great on the Pearl. It prints to Bluetooth printers, but if I could send the doc to an IP based-printer that would be great!

rchik no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone can help?

For the BeanBerry, is it possibile to view doc or xls that i have transfer from DM to my media card. I have already install BeanBerry, but still could not veiw the doc in my memory card.

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Beamberry 3.0 is no longer free but you can use a trial version.It can only view documents you save on the server or the attachments in your e-mail. No option for viewing direct from memory card yet that I know of. Does anyone have the previous version of beamberry that they could email me? I had to wipe my bb and lost it.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by eduardog21 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ...It can only view documents you save on the server or the attachments in your e-mail. No option for viewing direct from memory card yet that I know of...
    I'm not sure, I've never used it, but the website http://www.beamberry.com/ says:
    BeamBerry allows you to view documents (PDF, Word, PPT, XLS, RTF, ZIP archives) that you received as e-mail attachments or have stored on your memory card (e.g. SD card).
    There is some confusion with this so not sure if it means you saved on memory card from the computer, or saved it from email attachment.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    I'm not sure, I've never used it, but the website http://www.beamberry.com/ says:
    BeamBerry allows you to view documents (PDF, Word, PPT, XLS, RTF, ZIP archives) that you received as e-mail attachments or have stored on your memory card (e.g. SD card).
    There is some confusion with this so not sure if it means you saved on memory card from the computer, or saved it from email attachment.
    Wow. While I support commercial software and such, going from "free" to $50 per year (subscription) is sure to rub some people the wrong way.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast