Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Is there any application that will allow me to open excel and word files that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    StatikBB's Avatar
    StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    79

    Excel and Word

    Advertisement



    Is there any application that will allow me to open excel and word files that I get in my email on my Pearl? I don't need to be able to edit them, just would like to view them


    Thanks Stackers!!!
    StatikBB
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

  2. #2
    antx16's Avatar
    antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Excel and Word

    yep download this and its free

    www.beamberry.com

  3. #3
    cp6169's Avatar
    cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Posts
    14,661

    Re: Excel and Word

    You should be able to open them with the default attachment service that comes with a BB. Are you not able to view them?

  4. #4
    mudshovel's Avatar
    mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    1,314

    Re: Excel and Word

    i have beamberry & still have yet to figure out how to even use the damn program. doesn't it store the files you open on a server somewhere?

  5. #5
    antx16's Avatar
    antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Excel and Word

    Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    i have beamberry & still have yet to figure out how to even use the damn program. doesn't it store the files you open on a server somewhere?
    yep that is true but i have had no problems whatsover opening attachments , that are not important , for the important ones i wait and load them on my macbook , i think it is safer

  6. #6
    mudshovel's Avatar
    mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    1,314

    Re: Excel and Word

    that makes sense. i just didn't want important things sitting on some server, god knows where for whoever to do with as they please. maybe, i'll give it another shot.

  7. #7
    antx16's Avatar
    antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Excel and Word

    Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    that makes sense. i just didn't want important things sitting on some server, god knows where for whoever to do with as they please. maybe, i'll give it another shot.

    yep i mean i only open pdf files and doc files that i know have nothing important in them , because as you say who knows ???

  8. #8
    HITMONEY's Avatar
    HITMONEY no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A06965
    Posts
    71

    Re: Excel and Word

    I use Grid Magic to open my excel files.. works very well.

    http://www.simprit.com/gridmagic/

  9. #9
    StatikBB's Avatar
    StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    79

    Re: Excel and Word

    actually i was posting this for a friend of mine. wehave a web based login for our server atwork, and when she logs on to the server to check her email through the BB browser it says that she cant open that type of file

    btw antx who's up in the game? or is it over?
    Last edited by StatikBB; 04-25-2007 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged.
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

  10. #10
    antx16's Avatar
    antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Excel and Word

    Quote Originally Posted by StatikBB
    actually i was posting this for a friend of mine. wehave a web based login for our server atwork, and when she logs on to the server to check her email through the BB browser it says that she cant open that type of file

    btw antx who's up in the game? or is it over?
    its over chelsea won 1.0 but return match on tuesday will be hot

  11. #11
    chris93372's Avatar
    chris93372 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    31D7C73C
    Posts
    43

    Re: Excel and Word

    Thanks for the info on BeamBerry. Works great on the Pearl. It prints to Bluetooth printers, but if I could send the doc to an IP based-printer that would be great!

  12. #12
    rchik's Avatar
    rchik no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12

    Re: Excel and Word

    Anyone can help?

    For the BeanBerry, is it possibile to view doc or xls that i have transfer from DM to my media card. I have already install BeanBerry, but still could not veiw the doc in my memory card.

  13. #13
    eduardog21's Avatar
    eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A
    Posts
    125

    Re: Excel and Word

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Beamberry 3.0 is no longer free but you can use a trial version.It can only view documents you save on the server or the attachments in your e-mail. No option for viewing direct from memory card yet that I know of. Does anyone have the previous version of beamberry that they could email me? I had to wipe my bb and lost it.

  14. #14
    cliffr39's Avatar
    cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: Excel and Word

    Quote Originally Posted by eduardog21 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ...It can only view documents you save on the server or the attachments in your e-mail. No option for viewing direct from memory card yet that I know of...
    I'm not sure, I've never used it, but the website http://www.beamberry.com/ says:
    BeamBerry allows you to view documents (PDF, Word, PPT, XLS, RTF, ZIP archives) that you received as e-mail attachments or have stored on your memory card (e.g. SD card).
    There is some confusion with this so not sure if it means you saved on memory card from the computer, or saved it from email attachment.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

  15. #15
    applejosh's Avatar
    applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    346

    Re: Excel and Word

    Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    I'm not sure, I've never used it, but the website http://www.beamberry.com/ says:
    BeamBerry allows you to view documents (PDF, Word, PPT, XLS, RTF, ZIP archives) that you received as e-mail attachments or have stored on your memory card (e.g. SD card).
    There is some confusion with this so not sure if it means you saved on memory card from the computer, or saved it from email attachment.
    Wow. While I support commercial software and such, going from "free" to $50 per year (subscription) is sure to rub some people the wrong way.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •