Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lets put everything here in one post to upgrade to Italy O.S. So everybody if ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JayK no está en línea Stack level 2

Everything posted to Fix Upgrading to Italy O.S.

Advertisement

Lets put everything here in one post to upgrade to Italy O.S. So everybody if you have some thing thats helps others no matter how small or big to get through installing and fixing Italy O.S. "Post It Here"

I'll start with this....

I found that upgrading to Italy O.S. from Cingular 71, the standard specs in Super Encoder " 1, Avi 2, H.263 3, 4:3 4, 14,995 5, 64-576 make the Music vids and movies to small. So after a couple of hours of messing with the specs i came up with this. It will allow full screen and some CD quility sound for Music Vids and movies. So I hope it helps all of you.

Super Encoder specs from top to bottom.

1. Avi

2. Mpeg4

3. Mp3

4. 320:240

5. 5:6

6. 15

7. 192

8. 44100

9. 2

10. 320

Re: Everything posted to Fix Upgrading to Italy O.S.

How To Install Italy O.S.

Download the Italy O.S., install it on your computer, search for the vendor.xml and delete it. open the DM then connect your phone Trust me! LOL
    Last edited by JayK; 03-26-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Getting Your Browser, sms, or anything to do with your Data Plan to work after O.S. upgrade please do this first.

Delete your service books and resend them then do a battery pull , but make sure you delete your service books first otherwise the new ones dont take effect , hope this helps , ps service books sometimes take 20 minutes to arrive.

Here's Where u can download the Italy O.S.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...190CAAD5802983

Software For BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.102 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.1.102
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.2.1.66
    * Software Platform: 2.3.0.57
    * File name: 8100M_PBr4.2.1_rel102_PL2.3.0.57_A4.2.1.66_TIM_Ita ly.exe
    * File size: 72.87MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

If it aint broken why fix it?? What advantages does the upgrade offer? Full details, leave nothing out...Thank you and por favor...please!!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2
    If it aint broken why fix it?? What advantages does the upgrade offer? Full details, leave nothing out...Thank you and por favor...please!!!
    let's stick with the fixing theme. if you want advantages start a new thread.

trust me people will appreciate it and know where to go for what.

cheers,

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~who died and left you God? Quite frankly I was not asking you per say anything! If anyone is interested to answer all my info is listed don't have to do it in this thread! And don't have to do it at all! Questions were made to be asked that is how we learn! People like you keep the forum from growing! Always quick to jump on people just for asking a question? If the question is posted in the wrong area we have MOD staffs I m sure who will place it where it should be! Deal with other people faults as gently as you do your own! With that being said Peace! And thanks for your speedy response!

Wow I thought we were all here to help each other. This tread was started so we didn't have to look everywere to find answers and fixes, we all hate when are phone dosn't act right or at all. So lets just play nice in the sand box and get on with helping each other. No im not bashing anybody just tring to help and make it easyer to get help> Thanks Stackers...
    Last edited by JayK; 03-26-2007 at 03:47 PM.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

seriously butterfly, fix your attitude. the thread maker made a specific topic and was just asking for the thread to be followed. there is nothing wrong with the maker asking for a seperate thread to be made to focus on a different subject matter. this could be a very useful thread to those who have upgraded to .66 and are looking for solutions.

I see you have a red title and that means you are somehow linked with the pinstack staff, don't give them a bad name with such childish behavior.

----
    If this thread is able to be brought back on course without anymore foolish banter, I'd be happy to share what I've found JayK.

Mr Butterfly here is what I found to be different on the Italy O.S.

+Much quicker all around from viewing media to menu response.
    +Backlight control's back
    +MyFave icons in the logs.
    +Interesting 'Desptop View' browser option that allows you to scroll around in a full size (1280x800?px) render of webpages. neat page overview option too.

-improved suretype speed and accuracy
    -more free memory
    -automatic bbm status refreshing (you now don't have to be in a convo with person to have an up-to-date icon for them showing if they are on phone, idle, etc.)
    -built-in bbm 'send a voice note'

an updated calculator it may just be a skin/ appearance but i like it better

you get a choice of views in the media player for music
    list = artist then song title
    title= song title then artist

I hope this helps...
    Your Life over Radio Waves,...Makes you think..."privacy"...

Downgrading from OS 4.2.1.66 to .71

What you want to do is get the OS that you want and install it on you pc. Then go in and remove all the other BB OS. Then you just plug in your BB. It should ask you if you want to downgrade. Click yes or whatever. That should be it. Everything you had on there should be safe. It'll back everything up on your blackberry and then restore it when the process is done. Hope this helps.

DST Issue after installing TIM-Italy 8100 OS 4.2.1.66

Problem (Users on BES)
    The BlackBerry device did not display the correct time for Daylight Saving Time (DST). At 2 AM on 11 March 2007, the BlackBerry device clock remained at 2 AM instead of changing to 3 AM.

Cause
    The time zone database on the BlackBerry device does not have the updated DST information. A BlackBerry device running BlackBerry Device Software 4.2 or higher does not have the 2007 DST patch installed and is activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server running software versions prior to 4.0 Service Pack 6 or 4.1 Service Pack 3. If the BlackBerry Device Software is upgraded to a version that already contains the new DST information (that is, BlackBerry Device Software 4.2 Service Pack 1 or higher), or if another BlackBerry device that has been updated with the new DST information is activated for the same BlackBerry device user, this problem may occur. The previous DST information was backed up from the unpatched BlackBerry device. When the time zone information is restored, it overwrites the new DST information in the BlackBerry Device Software time zone database with the previous DST information.
    Note: This can be confirmed by trying to manually set the clock to 2:01 AM on 11 March 2007. If the correct DST tables are present, this should not be possible.

Workaround
    Complete the following steps:
    1. Remove the BlackBerry device user from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Note: When prompted to remove all existing BlackBerry data, select Yes.
    2. Connect the BlackBerry device to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. On the BlackBerry device, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books.
    4. Delete all Desktop [<service_book_ID>] or BlackBerry [<service_book_ID>] service books.
    5. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, click Backup and Restore, then follow the on-screen prompts to back up the BlackBerry device data.
    6. Click Backup and Restore again.
    7. Select Advanced, then delete the Time Zone Patch entry.
    8. Perform a security wipe of the BlackBerry device.
    9. Click Backup and Restore again and restore the backup file created in step 5.
    10. Add BlackBerry device user to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

just trying to help dude. chill.

JayK, great Idea with this thread.

Here Are some free games that are pretty cool.

Type this in your browser on the BB

www.mobile.blackberry.com
    Last edited by JayK; 03-26-2007 at 03:48 PM.

cazerz no está en línea Stack level 2

I dont have the internet on my phone is there any other way getting to that site on a regular pc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast