Hi everybody! Ok, here is the deal.. I have a BB 8100 with OS 4.5.0.55, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5

everlasting hourglass

Advertisement

Hi everybody!
    Ok, here is the deal.. I have a BB 8100 with OS 4.5.0.55, and i don't know why, but sometimes the hourglass just shows up as if it is thinking.. but it keeps on thinking with even the smallest of tasks.. I try not to "stress" my BB to much by not having to many apps open, but it does it anyway. any suggestions?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I know what you mean. After I installed the same OS mine has been doing the same thing especially after a battery pull,
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lol well at least I don't feel so alone with this problem. Hope someone knows how to cure this. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I personally don't think there is a fix for this. I think these pearls that we have are built with 4.2 OS in mind nd when they build a new operating system with bigger and better features the processors are not capable of keeping up so in turn we get those frozen moments of hourglass episodes every now and then.

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    Well how much memeory do you have I 28mb free and have had the same os and it never did that to me??~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I get it when my scripts don't load on certain websites. I close the applications I have open, that usually does the trick, if not, soft reboot does it

I have 27mb free.

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I personally don't think there is a fix for this. I think these pearls that we have are built with 4.2 OS in mind nd when they build a new operating system with bigger and better features the processors are not capable of keeping up so in turn we get those frozen moments of hourglass episodes every now and then.
    You might have a good point. I will try to delete a few apps that I'm not using. Thanks guys!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try un-checking JavaScript support in your browser> option> browser configuration and see if the hour glass shows up a lot less!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Try un-checking JavaScript support in your browser> option> browser configuration and see if the hour glass shows up a lot less!
    And by doing that.. Will it limit my browser capabilities ?

No. If you notice the next option is automatically checked so if you need javascript it will prompt to enable it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Cool, thank you very much. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hailz no está en línea Stack level 1
    also, if you clear your internet cache that will help clear up quite a bit of memory depending on how much info is stored in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    Cool, thank you very much. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How's your hour-glass now? Any better?

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am running software version 4.5 and once I re-installed my software then my spinning hour glass issue went away.