:cry: I am so peeved and upset that I have spent 4 hours trying to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hsxagent no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Error When Trying to Send File from Laptop to my Pearl.

Advertisement

:cry: I am so peeved and upset that I have spent 4 hours trying to get this bluetooth to work. So here are the facts.

Laptop: Running Vista... Able to see Blackberry device, able to recieve files from Pearl.

Pearl: Able to see and connect to laptop. Can send files to laptop.

Problem is that when I try to send a small jpeg file from my laptop to my pearl I get the message:

The file was not successful.

Sent to: House Harkonnen
    File name: Anthony being Homer.jpg

The file transer failed because the receiving bluetooth computer or device did not respond.

If you sent the file to another computer, that computer must be running the bluetooth file transfer wizard. IF you sent the file to a bluetooth device, make sure the obex file push profile is installed.

Okay so my question is what is OBEX File Push Profile? I could not find it in the advance options, in the bluetooth options, or service books. Can anyone help me, god do I hate having to connect the phone to the computer via wires. And I am tired of having to e-mail myself files to place them on the phone. Granted that is wireless, but it is such a pain when the GSM goooooooes sooooo slow.

Please help me!

Your friend,

Anthony

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Error When Trying to Send File from Laptop to my Pearl.

Try to change the filename of the jpeg to something without spaces. Sounds silly but worked for me previously.

See here for OBEX... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBEX

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Error When Trying to Send File from Laptop to my Pearl.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Also make sure your using the receive using Bluetooth option.

greg486 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Error When Trying to Send File from Laptop to my Pearl.

Hi,

I know this sounds stupid but this worked for me today, because I had the same issue. What you need to do is remove the blackberry device from your computer, meaning go to your bluetooth devices on your laptop and click delete on the blackberry. After that, go to the blackberry and remove your laptop from the list. You can do this by going to Menu>Options>bluetooth then push menu button and choose delete/remove. Then all over again, re-pair your device and it should work. Hope this helps!

greg486

garyl123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Man I'm Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by hsxagent View Post
    :cry: I am so peeved and upset that I have spent 4 hours trying to get this bluetooth to work. So here are the facts.

Laptop: Running Vista... Able to see Blackberry device, able to recieve files from Pearl.

Pearl: Able to see and connect to laptop. Can send files to laptop.

Problem is that when I try to send a small jpeg file from my laptop to my pearl I get the message:

The file was not successful.

Sent to: House Harkonnen
    File name: Anthony being Homer.jpg

The file transer failed because the receiving bluetooth computer or device did not respond.

If you sent the file to another computer, that computer must be running the bluetooth file transfer wizard. IF you sent the file to a bluetooth device, make sure the obex file push profile is installed.

Okay so my question is what is OBEX File Push Profile? I could not find it in the advance options, in the bluetooth options, or service books. Can anyone help me, god do I hate having to connect the phone to the computer via wires. And I am tired of having to e-mail myself files to place them on the phone. Granted that is wireless, but it is such a pain when the GSM goooooooes sooooo slow.

Please help me!

Your friend,

Anthony
    I have the exact same problem and the error messages are verbatim. If you find an answer or advice to this, would you be kind enough to forward or copy me in on it. Thanks Garry

garyl123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the exact same problem and the error messages are verbatim. If you find an answer or advice to this, would you be kind enough to forward or copy me in on it. Thanks Garry