Having a weird issue when sending email from my 8100. Whenever I hit send I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hiwatt156 no está en línea Stack level 1

Error: <port> does not represent a valid port number

Advertisement

Having a weird issue when sending email from my 8100. Whenever I hit send I get an error pop-up that says:

"<port> does not represent a valid port number"

I then click ok, and outgoing message appears at the top of the list with a little clock symbol next to it. I haven't tried waiting to see if it eventually sends, but if I open the message and select "resend" it goes right out no problem.

My only thought is that this might be something left over from my previous setup which was using redirector, I'm now instead using my carrier's portal to pull from my exchange box and push to the phone (planning on changing that again since it's not instant). At any rate I had to remove one service book because of an error that came up after the switch, but I haven't been able to find anything that refferences this at all on the web. Another possibility is that when I first went to configure email to pull from OMA I did it via the phone which didn't work, so I redid it from the web page.

The service books I still have installed are:

The one that matches my email address (CMIME)
    Desktop (CICAL)
    T-Mobile USA IM Client Application (BrowserConfig)
    IPPP for BIBS (IPPP)
    Provisioning (Provisioning)
    T-Mobile USA WAP BrowserConfig (BrowserConfig)
    Blackberry Internet Browsing Service (BrowserConfig)
    BBFS2 (YHO)
    BBFS1 (BBIMConfig)
    T-Mobile USA WAP Transport (WAP)
    MMS Config (WAP)
    Wap Push Config (WAPPushConfig)
    E-Mail set up (BrowserConfig)

My only though was maybe the last one on this list, but I don't want to nuke that if I need it.

Any thoughts??

TIA!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    hiwatt156, Welcome to PinStack.

The only one I don't recognize is the Desktop (CICAL). It could be that one that is causing the problem. but I am not positive. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Tried removing that (which I believe is actually calendar related), as well as removing and resending "e-mail set up (browserconfig)", and the one with my email address for a title, no luck. Also killed the exchange account on the tmobile site then re-did it, still having the same problem even after deleting and resending the service books several times. Set up a tmo blackberry account and tried with that, didn't get the error, but I don't want to go that way due to the lack of the email reconcilliation option.

Any other ideas?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Well, you've hit the limit of my abilty to help. Maybe getting it back up on the list will get the attention of someone who can.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks for the suggestion, still haven't gotten anywhere with this, anyone else have any thoughts?

smtelegadis no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Error: <port> does not represent a valid port number

I'm having the same issue. I've one question to ask are you using an email SMTP server with a nonstandard outgoing Port? I am that was what I assumed to be the issue. Very frustrating as it was not doing this before.

I called T-mobile (my provider). They forwarded me to RIM/Blackberry and we deleted the Service Book entries via the Desktop Manager>Backup and Restore>Advance(button). There should be a list that populates on the left when the device is connected. After that I reset the phone by removing the battery with the phone powered on, waited a few minutes, and restarted the phone. It took a while to repopulate the "Service Books." Once I did it worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Ok that was a temporary fix, but let me ask you one question. Are you using the funambol bb cleint? I was. When I removed it the problem went away.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~