Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Alright. Sorry to be posting so much on this thread. But i still can't backup ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Error occuring while backuping up Pearl.

Advertisement

Alright. Sorry to be posting so much on this thread. But i still can't backup "Profiles."
    And I called AT&T the other day and they said that "Profiles" doesn't even have the option to backup. They said it doesn't need to be backed up because that information would never get lost. I told them that I knew people who backed up "Profiles" and they said that it wasn't possible.
    Is this true that I don't need to backup "Profiles?" It's just really annoying that I can't do automatic backups. I have to do everything manually. I've tried everything. I've set it all to defaults, I changed it to a ton of different settings. It just doesn't want to back up for me...
    ~Lauren

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey lauren... I've been having the same issues. So if you've never backed up before this might be an issue.

Anyways I've found it has something to do with the profile options.

What versions of DM and OS are you running?

Your question concering the profiles; you really don't need to back them up but if you don't you will need to go into your profiles and set the alerts again. Also the only way for the backup to complete is to backup everything.

I'm still trouble shooting this trying to find an answer. Will update when I can.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^That is exactly what I had to do to backup successfully as well, go in and reset all of my alerts.
    Once I did this the backup went successfully.
    Not sure why this issue occurred, but it happened right after the 4.2.2.181 OS upgrade.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

This will kill any updates or changes to your Profiles, but since they are too messed up to backup so you won't lose too much. Try doing the advanced backup and select Profiles on the BB side. Then go to the bottom of the screen an click on clear. Go back and set up your profiles again. I don't know if it will work but it's the only thing I can think of.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

4.2.1.96 is my OS on my BB
    4.2.1.154 is my OS on my computer

Rcbjr I will try doing the clear things right now and I'll see if that does anything. Thank you guys for all teh responses, I hope I can resolve this issue.
    ~Lauren

Yay, after clearing the profiles. The back up finally worked and I was able to back up everything at once including my Profiles. Thank you all for all the help greatly appreciated as always
    ~Lauren

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12