Hi everyone, been lurking since i bought my phone... ahem, BB. I have, however, recently ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Phatric no está en línea Stack level 1

Error 36 - When downloading pics to MacBook.

Advertisement

Hi everyone, been lurking since i bought my phone... ahem, BB.

I have, however, recently run into an error 36 issue.

I have taken pictures on the BB cam, i have about 80 or so pics. I want to clear them off and store them on my MacBook.

Both the BB and MacBook were bought within a month of eachother, and i use pocket mac (if that helps diagnose the situation).

My method of downloading pics from the cam is this:

-plug usb wire into computer and BB.

-BB asks me on the BB screen if i'd like to open in "Mass storage" mode. I click 'YES' on my BB

-I select the pics and drag into my desktop or folder. I get an error msg :
    "The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "whatever file" could not be read or written. (Error Code - 36)."

- I say "sh*t".

I have searched the error and have tried to remedy it, despite not really knowing what i am doing. One site said to check the meida card options on the BB for encryption. The encryption is OFF.

I can email the pics to my email account from my BB just fine....but it's time consuming and ridiculous as i then have to email them one at a time, and then download the individual pics from my email to my desktop/cpu.

Why does my BB hate me so?

.....lil' update...i just tried to drag the entire "picture" folder...no go.
    I tried dragging a video i have on the BB from the BB to desktop. No go. It sure uploaded fine though..... I am flabbergasted.

....so looks like im making it worse....

I tried again (im impatient, and want things to work), and this time the first 3 just dragged over to the desktop...the next two after didn't. I tried opening them in the viewer from the media device itself, and the program crashed...disconnected the BB without ejecting it, and a red light came on the BB and would not come out of sleep.

I took the battery out, and waiting 5 mins. Put'er back in and i get the hourglass spin for a solid 3 or 4 mins. Now it's back and running again.....

.....I will wait for all you nice people to help me out. Untill then, i will wait to get home next week to use the Mini SD USB adapter and try it without a USB wire or the BB (thinking it's compatibility issues with BB and Mac). I used the mini usb adapter for the sd card to load some high quality pics (for backgrounds), all my MP3's and videos. I assume it should work the same way in reverse.

....anyone.?!