EDIT: I went to the blackberry site and downloaded the newest version of the desktop ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sjm1988 no está en línea Stack level 1

Error 2738 leads to computer crashing, help!

Advertisement

EDIT: I went to the blackberry site and downloaded the newest version of the desktop manager (v. 4.3) and that solved all of my problems. Just thought I would post that here in case someone else was having the same problem.

I just got a Blackberry Pearl (8100) for Christmas and I've spent way too much time trying to get everything to work properly. Maybe someone else can help, here's what's going on.

I have Windows Vista. I installed the CD that came with the phone and got the "2738" error code. I do a little bit of poking around online and find that the easiest solution is to unregister and re-register the vbscript.dll file. I finish doing that, and now my computer is letting me download the program and hook up my blackberry. I get a few ringtones on there, close down the program, unplug it, and my computer crashes (I get the lovely blue screen, followed by my computer restarting itself).

By now, I'm both frustrated and terrified that I've completely destroyed my new computer somehow, so I run System Restore (using the last backup date which was 5 days ago, pre-blackberry hassle) and try the whole thing again.

I've done this two more times now, both times trying something a little bit different, but I'm way beyond frustrated now and decided to come to the experts for help. Please, please tell me that I've overlooked something tiny and that all my problems can be solved quickly and painlessly (or give me the bad news, I think I can handle anything at this point). I'm starting to go a little crazy here.

Thanks
    Last edited by sjm1988; 12-29-2007 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Problem Solved

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Error 2738 leads to computer crashing, help!

What desktop manager version are you installing?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sjm1988 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Error 2738 leads to computer crashing, help!

I actually just installed the newest one (4.3 I think) and it fixed all of my problems. I was just coming here to edit my post.