I just setup my Pearl to get my Lotus Notes work email thru the enterprise ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tkolgen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304A9987

Enterprise Question

Advertisement

I just setup my Pearl to get my Lotus Notes work email thru the enterprise setup. I was told by a friend that now if I add a calandar event or add a new contact that the phone will synch wirelessly to my Lotus notes Calandar and Contacts. Is this right? If it does how long is the process? Say you add a contact in your phone will it appear in my Lotus notes contact list?

joedali no está en línea Stack level 2
    Do you have BES for Notes?

Do you have corp email plan with your carrier?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Joe: tkolgen said he activated his BlackBerry on his company's BES. Therefore we can understand that the answer to both your questions is "yes".

Tkolgen:

If supported by the version of BES which your company has, and they enable the sync features for address book / calendar, and your BlackBerry has these services turned on, then yes, your calender and address book will sync wirelessly OTA in virtually realtime.

I am on BES, although with Exchange, and I don't think there has ever been an occasion when I added or edited something on my BlackBerry and it wasn't reflected in Outlook.

To verify that you do have wireless sync for calendar and address book, go into each app separately --> Options --> Wireless Synchronisation = "yes".

If the field for Wireless Synchronisation is not available, then your BES has not provisioned your BlackBerry with the service.