hello, i have BB8120 Pearl and activate BB service from my provider at my SIM ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lada_istok no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Enterprise activation

Advertisement

hello,

i have BB8120 Pearl and activate BB service from my provider at my SIM card and all etc. features. When I fill in Options -> Advanced Options -> Enterprise activation cells i don´t know and in my work BB administrator don´t know too what filling in cell

Activation server adress:

We try put IP adress BB server when is running -> doesen´t work it.

I use O2 Czech Republic anb BB is from TIM Italy. I try use change firmware to

8120-v4.3.0.67_P2.6.0.40
    8120-v4.3.0.72_P2.6.0.43

doesen´t work too

please help me, thx a lot

lada

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    The Activation server address is a new line that doesn't appear all the time. I suspect it is intended for the new Small Business / Personal BlackBerry Service which is due out soon (I forget the name) where the BlackBerry Server will not necessarily be part of the BlackBerry Network.

In a fully licensed BES environment you should leave the Activation server address field blank and proceed with activation with just the email address and EA password.

One other note however. I did have one instance where the BlackBerry wouldn't activate. It ended up the provider had provisioned for BIS instead of BES. When we wiped the device and tried again, the server address field was gone. I've seen it work both ways, so try it, and if it fails, call the provider and verify that you have Enterprise service.
    JerryD

lada_istok no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    The Activation server address is a new line that doesn't appear all the time. I suspect it is intended for the new Small Business / Personal BlackBerry Service which is due out soon (I forget the name) where the BlackBerry Server will not necessarily be part of the BlackBerry Network.

In a fully licensed BES environment you should leave the Activation server address field blank and proceed with activation with just the email address and EA password.

One other note however. I did have one instance where the BlackBerry wouldn't activate. It ended up the provider had provisioned for BIS instead of BES. When we wiped the device and tried again, the server address field was gone. I've seen it work both ways, so try it, and if it fails, call the provider and verify that you have Enterprise service.
    thx for information, but still i don´t know what I must do to activate enterprise email. What firmware i must load and how i delete line with Activation server adress.

heartily thanks for reply. please write mi not complicate instruction what I must do?

Please tell me, it is problem with BB is from Italy and I used Czech Republic SIM Card with O2 provider.

Lada

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Lada - if you have to ask that question, you probably don't need to do it!

If you do need to do an Enterprise Activation, contact your IT Department's BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administrator.
    JerryD