Hey everyone. I'm not too pleased with the clarity of the pearls camera and I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question Enhance option while viewing images

Advertisement

Hey everyone. I'm not too pleased with the clarity of the pearls camera and I have set it to "superfine" and picture size to use the full 1.3 MP "large" setting.

I remember viewing a image and zooming in on it and panning to a particular part of the image and then I was given "enhance" on the options menu.

Now I can't remember if it was a pic I took. Or if it was one sent to me via an email forwarded to my BB. But I know the feature worked well and I want it back lol. So if anyone knows the "circumstances" that are required for this option to popup please let me know!

-wt

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    It was an Image you received in your email that allowed you to enhance!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificdude8
    Hey everyone. I'm not too pleased with the clarity of the pearls camera and I have set it to "superfine" and picture size to use the full 1.3 MP "large" setting.
    If you keep your hand steady and take your pictures in daylight its not bad for a camera on a BB, its not intended for high resolution pics. :P

PIN/ID

Thumbs down

Okay.. 2nd Edit for this response.. I apologize, I now think there is something wrong with my Pearl after viewing the thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...our_pearl.html

My pearl does not take pictures with that kind of clarity ... Q tip and alcohol here I come! Maybe that'll clean the lens or somethin.

-----My earlier original post-----

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    If you keep your hand steady and take your pictures in daylight its not bad for a camera on a BB, its not intended for high resolution pics. :P
    I have always been told I have high standards, and I've even been told once by a peer in the workplace where I was in a leadership position "You expect too much from your associates" my response was "No. I expect the best my associates can give." (of course understanding certain projects are more challenging etc. so their best might not... yada yada yada)

And that's kind of what I expect of blackberry. it's not like they're a little start-up company developing their first cell phone and after reading it took at least a year (if not several) to implement the 'new' additional features on the Pearl... They had plenty of time to correct their lacking application.

I realize it's their first 'attempt' at a camera. But it does advertise 1.3MP, and I expect it to work well at an optical 1.3MP resolution. Compared to my former SGH-T809, the BB's camera is put to shame. It was also a 1.3MP camera, so I feel it is fair comparison. Someone at RIM/BB just didn't research all of the camera kits avail for cell phone production - OR - they wanted to make more profit on the phone, and scaled back the quality for cost savings by going with a cheaper choice.

I understand your point though, a camera will always take a better photo in daylight because of the fast shutter speed/less exposure time, which makes you less dependent to hold the phone extremely still for longer than half a second.

Okay I'm done ranting. Sorry if any of that seemed aimed personally toward you. It wasnt.

Oh! One thing I will give props for; A STROBE FLASH! That was a very smart decision on their part, but having a un-smudged pic is more important to me.

*edit; btw so everyone doesn't think I'm an a**, I'm a Sales Marketing Director, that's why I rant so much about the 'cut backs on budget' haha.
    Last edited by PacificDude8; 11-11-2006 at 09:48 AM.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetProne
    It was an Image you received in your email that allowed you to enhance!
    Thank you for clearing that up